N u d

Nickie

Reaction score
Well, since I just spent an hour or more lubricating the innards of the friction tuners, and replacing the strings, I'll show it off now.
My Christmas treat. The tuners turn like butter now...beltona reso.jpg
beltona reso2.jpg
beltona reso3.jpg
beltona reso6.jpg
It's a very well cared for pre loved Beltona concert scale resonator. I put on a set of D'addario black nylons, which is what the builder, Steve, recommends.
One impressive feature is a one piece neck, which I'd never seen before.
My wonderful wife and bassist got if for me for Christmas.
Funny thing is, we were just asked to do some busking in February. It should be perfect for that!

Congrats on a terrific Christmas present. Great looking Uke. I’ve always like to look of Beltran and the red body looks cool. When you say you lubricted the friction tuner. WhT exactly did you do? Also, what type of friction tuners are on it. Only experience I have with friction tuners is
Are the ones on the MFC Fluke tenor and they lasted a month, until the mail brought me pegheds from MFC.

Just curious. Have a great Christmas and holiday.

That’s a beautiful Beltona! Congratulations Nickie! There’s nothing quite like a resonator.

Congrats on your Christmas present! It looks so festive with the red glossy body!

You have been a good girl this year haven’t you;)

Congratulations Nickie I love everything about those Beltona resonators. I have come close to buying one a couple of times. Enjoy it and your busking session with it.

Congrats on a terrific Christmas present. Great looking Uke. I’ve always like to look of Beltran and the red body looks cool. When you say you lubricted the friction tuner. WhT exactly did you do? Also, what type of friction tuners are on it. Only experience I have with friction tuners is
Are the ones on the MFC Fluke tenor and they lasted a month, until the mail brought me pegheds from MFC.

Just curious. Have a great Christmas and holiday.

Thanks hodge and Dave and Doc and Austin and Jerry and goat!
Thanks M3, I don't know which brand they are, but they aren't bad, no cardboard. You have to take the strings off, or course, which necessitated the string change. I wanted to go from lo G to hi g anyway.
You have to loosen the screw on the end all the way, remove it, take off the button, and pull the rod out slowly from the front of the headstock, playing attention to how the parts come out. You lubricate them with some graphite, I used a pencil. I got it all over my hands, but so what?
Then put them back together, making sure there's no metal to metal, putting plastic washers between metal faces and washers.
Then put the buttons back on, screw them down, but not too tight. I found that friction tuners don't really need to be real tight if they are lubricated properly. Weird, but it works out that way.
I couldn't find any how to videos on YOUTube, but if I ever do this again, I'll record one and post it.

That thing looks super cool!

Thanks old and slow. I showed it off during our Christmas party yesterday, and the other ukers were really impressed. I'm impressed with the construction, the attention to detail, and the one piece neck. The finish isn't perfect, but it's certainly not bad.
I really like the color, I put it next to my Cocobolo uke and the color is very similar. I'm crazy about that color, my 2nd fiddle was stained almost that color, but lighter.

Top Bottom