Next bass conversion, Les Paul Express guitar.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last week I found out a member of my uke group is learning bass on a loaner, but she had to return it, so I decided I would give her my Epiphone Les Paul Express 22" scale guitar I converted to a sub-short scale bass 5 years ago. Needless to say she was very happy.

As I looked at my rack of basses, I found I missed not having a Les Paul style, so I went online and found another one in mint condition from Sam Ash via Reverb for $119 out-the-door. My original was an orangish sunburst, the new one is all black because I'm going to have it painted burst teal, add fret marker crown stickers and have a chrome pickguard and truss rod cover made (that matches the crown style). I'm also going to use La Bella nylon coated strings that I'm going to cut down so I don't have add string through holes to accommodate long strings.

LP Gotoh.jpg

LP teal convert.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Top Bottom