UK-based uke-er

ionian

Reaction score
Hey - thought I'd join up here and get more involved in the ukulele community online. I'm a long-time guitarist with a formal music education, but recently I got into the ukulele both as a tool to teach with and as a beautiful and fun instrument in its own right.

I own a couple of mid-range Chinese ukes, nothing special although they both have a pleasant tone to my ears. As important as tone is for high-quality performance and recording, I'm a believer in a well-finished instrument combined with solid technique as the fundamentals of any musical journey.

I'm in my 40s, a family man in a village in rural Kent. Im not playing with any groups at the moment but I'm thinking about starting something locally if I can find the time and some willing and able bodies. Having given beginner lessons locally, I'd also like to do more work with younger people.

Nice to be here!

Welcome, from another Kent-based muso learning ukulele

Hello and welcome to ukulele underground.

John Colter

Welcome ionian. Good for you helping others. I played guitar for almost 50 years, then over 6 years ago I took up ukulele and shortly after bass uke. It took me in so much that I haven't touched my guitars since and gave them to my nephew.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Welcome from one who is Up Norf

Top Bottom