iStroboSoft Tuner; low-g tuning?

ukeanixi

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone installed the iStroboSoft for android and had it work with low-g GCEA set up? I'm hesitant to pay $9.99 for it until I know it will work without any "in app add-on" at extra cost.
Thanks!

Hi again,
I just found another app, Strobe Tuner Pro, $2.99, same sort of strobe tuner, or facsimile I guess. Same question: does it tune low-g GCEA?
Thanks!

No reasonable tuner app should have trouble with low-G. G3 not all that low. I haven’t tried their app, but I have a Peterson strobe clip on and pedal and they both work fine on my Basses. Most of the other clip-ons I have have trouble with the bass’s E1 string but are fine with the A1. This is all two octaves down from the uke.

App-wise I’ve been using TE Tuner, which has a really good live response (with smiley faces!) that’s useful for checking my fretless intonation. I’d expect other name brand apps (like Peterson’s iStroboSoft) to be as accurate on the same hardware.

Yup. What Brad said. I keep an otherwise defunct iPhone on my bench, loaded with iStroboSoft. It's a very useful tool and there's no issue using it with any tuning that makes your uke make notes.

I am another builder/player who uses istrobosoft on an iphone for all my tuning and intonation needs...way better than snarks and the like....

I can answer your specific question. I have iStrobosoft on an Android phone and it works on low g--and probably every instrument and tuning out there. I never use it, though, as I prefer a clip on tuner. I don't want to mess with my phone during ukulele time.

Top Bottom