Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranded with my Ukulele again

Default Stranded with my Ukulele again

Well, one of my tires blew while I was driving. Needless to say, I'm stranded. At least I have my ukulele with me to pass time until help comes!

20191228_101015.jpg

Will keep you all updated on this situation.

Jared

Jared,

Thank goodness you're not alone! Best of luck.

Bill

Good luck. The tire is too worn to be safe. Maybe look at the others and replace if necessary.

@rainbow21, I just did. It turns out there's one other tire that's not safe. Going to get both replaced.

So...I am in the exact same boat right now!! Stranded on I-81 in Virginia trying to get back home to Tennessee!!

Quote Originally Posted by mingus View Post
    So...I am in the exact same boat right now!! Stranded on I-81 in Virginia trying to get back home to Tennessee!!
    I'm actually stranded at a dog park in Nampa, Idaho. I tell you, it's interesting seeing how the dogs react to ukulele music. Here's hoping you get help! My help already showed up.

Stranded with a flat tyre.

If you do not know how to undertake basic maintenance on your vehicle including changing a flat tyre for the spare or using the can of sealant + inflator then can I suggest you seek out a vehicle maintenance course.

The thread worn tyre on Jared’s car was positively dangerous and driving a vehicle with tyres like that is dangerous to yourself, your family and to other road users. Braking distance alone in an emergency will be many more yards than it would be with a newish set of tyres.

Be safe out there.
    Col.
    From the UK with a bad case of MIAS.
    Korg PA700, Korg Kross 2, Gibson LP, Fender Jazz Bass,
    + Amps, PA, Boss GT100, mixer.
    Ukes - Kala KA-TEME and Risa ST electric solid body.
    Uke wish list, a Bass, make and model yet to be determined

Quote Originally Posted by Col50 View Post
    Stranded with a flat tyre.

If you do not know how to undertake basic maintenance on your vehicle including changing a flat tyre for the spare or using the can of sealant + inflator then can I suggest you seek out a vehicle maintenance course.

The thread worn tyre on Jaredís car was positively dangerous and driving a vehicle with tyres like that is dangerous to yourself, your family and to other road users. Braking distance alone in an emergency will be many more yards than it would be with a newish set of tyres.

Be safe out there.
    First off, I don't take offense from that.

Second off, I have replaced the alternator, the radiator, the fuel pump, the fuel filter, the battery, and the starter on my own. It's had a lot of problems, but I always fixed it. I'm not an experienced auto mechanic, but I do have experience with cars. I may still do an auto mechanics course, like you said.

Third, I did not notice the cord until today when the tire blew. I am aware of the danger, that's why I'm getting it fixed right now. At the shop as we speak.

I appreciate your concern. Thank you very much.

Jared

I forgot to add, I do know how to change a tire. I just didn't have a spare on me.

Car is fixed. On the way home.

Thread Information