Carbon Fiber Ukulele from "Legacy Guitar Works"?

Definitely appreciate the feedback. While we don’t have plans for a concert or long neck soprano yet, we will have a Soprano and Baritone being released near the end of January/beginning of February so we will keep everyone posted on those.

These models will also be 100% carbon fiber.

Thanks,
Kyle

That is excellent news, I enjoy baritones as I do tenors. The soprano is a really smart idea because the small size make it perfect to travel with. Be it in a suitcase to a resort or a backpack or canoe in the great outdoors.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Kyle!
and thanks for your input DownUpDave! :)

Yup, a Soprano would be very tempting! :)

Please let us know when and how much! :)

keep uke'in',

Figured I’d post an update with a few pictures.

1)Erin’s ukulele body fresh out of the mold

2)first production Soprano ukulele out of the mold.

5AC32A08-EA73-403B-8A49-AB970A810A8A.jpg

96B628B7-60BF-4648-9646-3CBC52BD0E76.jpg

Fresh outta the mould! Now that’s one fresh ukulele!

So excited about this ukulele!

I am right at this moment playing my cherry/cedar tenor poolside in Mexico. I really truly would rather have a cf uke with no worries about the changes in temp and not constantly being on guard for the random uke grabbers that set the instrument down in high risk locations, like on a lounge chair, after a few strums.

Kyle, I hope you and Chris still plan to include the abalone fret markets on my new tenor. Only one strap button needed on this bad boy, just at the base of the instrument body.

Muchas Gracias!
Erin

We can’t wait to get it to you Erin!!

Poolside and playing, sounds like a great time.

And absolutely yours will have the abalone fret markers and will just put one strap button on the base! Have a great time in Mexico and more pictures to come!

Kyle, a concern brought up in another thread is that black carbon fiber instruments absorb too much heat to play in hot sunny weather, and that painting them white can help with that. Might be a good option for you to consider!

Definitely appreciate the feedback. While we don’t have plans for a concert or long neck soprano yet, we will have a Soprano and Baritone being released near the end of January/beginning of February so we will keep everyone posted on those.

Thanks,
Kyle

I would be interested in a baritone!

We are happy to say that Erin's new carbon fiber ukulele is officially on route, and we are very much looking forward to receiving some feedback.

Here are a few shots from when we were test fitting the components and prior to the final buff and polish. I'll get some finished pics uploaded later on today.

Erin-3-SM.jpg
Erin-4-SM.jpg
Erin-2-SM.jpg

Build looks very clean. Can’t wait to hear more and get comments from Erin. What strings are you shipping ukulele with?

Do you know final weight?

Cheers

Thanks,
Kyle

I am also very intrigued by the idea of a Canada-made CF instrument, and echo the need for concert and/or long-neck soprano as this is likely the scale that has the broadest appeal. I hope that your website will be up soon so we can learn more.

Rolf

Build looks very clean. Can’t wait to hear more and get comments from Erin. What strings are you shipping ukulele with?

Do you know final weight?

Cheers

Thanks alot, and we are also looking forward to getting Erin's thoughts. The ukulele shipped with Aquila New Nylgut strings, and came in with a final weight of 1.62 lbs.

I am also very intrigued by the idea of a Canada-made CF instrument, and echo the need for concert and/or long-neck soprano as this is likely the scale that has the broadest appeal. I hope that your website will be up soon so we can learn more.

Rolf

We are optimistic that we will have our new site launched this coming Friday. Worse case scenario it'll be live come Monday, January 27th. As for the concert ukulele, we've actually been asked about this model quite a bit so I'm happy to announce that we are in the process of making the tooling for a concert size ukulele.

Top Bottom