Song Help Request What is this chord called? Ccool6?

Joko

Reaction score
This one...
what2.jpg

what is this chord.jpg

It's sometimes called a C5 because it's only the root and 5th of the triad (but doubled here). Because the third is missing, it is not major or minor albeit the harmonic context might imply one or the other. Yeah, I often use it too—it's very resonant—but usually played as I move through various voicings of C or in passing while decorating with moving melodic tones.

Hello! That is often referred to as a C5 chord, which means that it is just a root (C) and a fifth (G), or in this case 2 of each. This type of chord is sort of like a "power chord" on a guitar, which also contains a root and fifth, but it sounds quite different on uke. It is a fairly neutral sound since it contains no "third" which is the note that gives a 3 note chord (triad) it's "quality (major, minor etc....).

Anyhow, I think most people use this as an option if a C major chord is called for but they desire a slightly different sound.

Hope that helps!!!!!!

Thanks for the info... oh right.. that is the firth, not the 6th, how did I miscount that?. I've thought of it as a "power C" in my head (or power G on the bari). It makes that C into a statement!

Aha! There you are!
C5_626.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom