Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Buying or Selling in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Snargle View Post
    I'm pretty happy with my current stable and frankly, am starting to run out of room to store any more. If I were to find something I really wanted, I'd have to get rid of one, and I'm reluctant to part with any of them. It would take something amazing to put me back in the market.
    The one thing that might move me is the possibility of ordering a luthier-built, custom instrument. If I look at how much I've spent on ukes in the past couple of years, I could have commissioned a nice custom. Nothing like a Moore Bettah or Beau Hannam, but a pretty darned good one. My reluctance is the uncertainty of what it might sound like. I'd hate to make that big financial commitment and then find out I really don't love the sound. But...most of my current ukes were purchased sight-unseen, so luck seems to be on my side.
    Larry

• ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR"
    • COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    • ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR
    • KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    • PONO ATD-CR CEDAR/ACACIA TENOR (LOW "G")
    • HARMONY MAHOGANY BARITONE (1950's)
    • VTAB TS2401 SPRUCE/MAHOGANY CONCERT

I might be interested in your Pono concert and possibly your blackbird though I donít think itís a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyuke View Post
    I might be interested in your Pono concert and possibly your blackbird though I don’t think it’s a concert.
    If you're directing that to me, I don't have a Blackbird. I do have an aNueNue Moonbird Tenor. And my Pono is also a Tenor. Right now, nothing is for sale.
    Larry

• ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR"
    • COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    • ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR
    • KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    • PONO ATD-CR CEDAR/ACACIA TENOR (LOW "G")
    • HARMONY MAHOGANY BARITONE (1950's)
    • VTAB TS2401 SPRUCE/MAHOGANY CONCERT

Quote Originally Posted by Martinlover View Post
    Everybody see that Hive ukulele on HMS?
    Beautiful. Fantastic sounding ukulele. Of course, I love Brittni's playing, so that helps, too. :-)

[QUOTE=Gary52;2201100]I made it all the way to the afternoon of day 2, 2020 before ordering a new uke, a Romero Creations ST concert in koa.[/QUOTE

Sounds like a great start to the new year and new decade. Enjoy it!

Selling mostly but never completely rule out buying. Will probably get down to two ukes, one re-entrant and one linear.
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.óVoltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary52 View Post
    I made it all the way to the afternoon of day 2, 2020 before ordering a new uke, a Romero Creations ST concert in koa.
    Well it seems I never made it very far into 2020 before buying...got a new carbon fibre tenor coming to me from a couple of nice Canadian boys back east.
    Klos Tenor (carbon fibre)
    Mya Moe Tenor (myrtle)
    Kamaka Tenor (koa)
    Lone Tree Tenor (driftwood red cedar, black cherry, western maple)

No plans to buy this year unless I sell a lst generation Rainsong parlor guitar, 70s Aria Pro ll short scale bass, Timms soprano, KPK Acacia Long neck soprano, and Martin Centennial and Martin Concert. All good, I just have too many ukes. Keeping 2 Martins, one Timms, Kala Baritone, Koa Anuenue and Blue Frog Long Neck Soprano.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    Beautiful. Fantastic sounding ukulele. Of course, I love Brittni's playing, so that helps, too. :-)
    They let a girl play? Is that a first?

I love Brittni's playing too.

2019 was the year of the Uke buying spree for me. I ended up disposing my disposable income to The Ukulele site and Mim. Bought:
    1) Koaloha Tenor
    2) Kamaka Baritone
    3) Pono electric steel string Tenor
    4) Pono electric Baritone 6 string Guilele
    5) Pono Mahohany UL Baritone
    6) Kala Mini U Bass.

I did sell off a bunch of Ohanas, Mainland, and some of my guitars to fund these purchases. Prior to this spree the last Uke I bought was in 2014. I am happy with what I have now, and after a few years of Uke playing finally have a handle on what I like/dont like as far as Ukes go. I don't see myself getting anything else in the new year.

Thread Information