Buying or Selling in 2020

Both
I'm planning to sell a few and buy a few. However I need to reduce my instrument count, so more selling :)

I usually don't plan, when something hits me, I go for it, specifically bass uke/mini bass guitars, but I did plan to replace my tenor walnut Fluke, I don't like it, and found something from China last week, arriving late January.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I'm seriously thinking about selling all non-soprano Martins I have in my collection at some point. My hands just don't work as well as they used to and the tenors just get no play time. I also have a brand new Custom Martin 3K concert that I ordered in 2017 that I'm thinking about selling. I plan on purchasing a new Martin 5K this year though. :music::music::music:

Jim

I made it all the way to the afternoon of day 2, 2020 before ordering a new uke, a Romero Creations ST concert in koa.

Holding. Two concerts and one soprano. Have some banjo and cookie tin ukes I built. May give some away to kids. They actually hold tune pretty well.

I'm planning to buy a Compass Rose Tenor Jumbo. If you have one that's not getting any love please PM me.

Thanks!
Don

I'm pretty happy with my current stable and frankly, am starting to run out of room to store any more. If I were to find something I really wanted, I'd have to get rid of one, and I'm reluctant to part with any of them. It would take something amazing to put me back in the market.

I'm pretty happy with my current stable and frankly, am starting to run out of room to store any more. If I were to find something I really wanted, I'd have to get rid of one, and I'm reluctant to part with any of them. It would take something amazing to put me back in the market.

The one thing that might move me is the possibility of ordering a luthier-built, custom instrument. If I look at how much I've spent on ukes in the past couple of years, I could have commissioned a nice custom. Nothing like a Moore Bettah or Beau Hannam, but a pretty darned good one. My reluctance is the uncertainty of what it might sound like. I'd hate to make that big financial commitment and then find out I really don't love the sound. But...most of my current ukes were purchased sight-unseen, so luck seems to be on my side.

I might be interested in your Pono concert and possibly your blackbird though I don’t think it’s a concert.

I made it all the way to the afternoon of day 2, 2020 before ordering a new uke, a Romero Creations ST concert in koa.[/QUOTE

Sounds like a great start to the new year and new decade. Enjoy it!

Selling mostly but never completely rule out buying. Will probably get down to two ukes, one re-entrant and one linear.

I made it all the way to the afternoon of day 2, 2020 before ordering a new uke, a Romero Creations ST concert in koa.
Well it seems I never made it very far into 2020 before buying...got a new carbon fibre tenor coming to me from a couple of nice Canadian boys back east.

No plans to buy this year unless I sell a lst generation Rainsong parlor guitar, 70s Aria Pro ll short scale bass, Timms soprano, KPK Acacia Long neck soprano, and Martin Centennial and Martin Concert. All good, I just have too many ukes. Keeping 2 Martins, one Timms, Kala Baritone, Koa Anuenue and Blue Frog Long Neck Soprano.

Beautiful. Fantastic sounding ukulele. Of course, I love Brittni's playing, so that helps, too. :)

They let a girl play? Is that a first?

I love Brittni's playing too.

2019 was the year of the Uke buying spree for me. I ended up disposing my disposable income to The Ukulele site and Mim. Bought:
1) Koaloha Tenor
2) Kamaka Baritone
3) Pono electric steel string Tenor
4) Pono electric Baritone 6 string Guilele
5) Pono Mahohany UL Baritone
6) Kala Mini U Bass.

I did sell off a bunch of Ohanas, Mainland, and some of my guitars to fund these purchases. Prior to this spree the last Uke I bought was in 2014. I am happy with what I have now, and after a few years of Uke playing finally have a handle on what I like/dont like as far as Ukes go. I don't see myself getting anything else in the new year.

Top Bottom