Votes: 23 46.9%
  • I sold one or more ukes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I both bought and sold.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I neither bought nor sold.

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
From memory, in 2019 I bought 3 and sold 4, possibly 5. In 2020 I will sell one, possibly 2 and don't plan on buying any but ...............

I didn't do too badly on ukes in most of 2019 - 2018 was the year of the uke. 2019 was basses.

In 2019 two ukes came in and one went out: I bought a soprano which I'd planned to string GDAE, but which I've barely touched, and a cheap baritone, which I like enough that I have another incoming. In December I sold two guitars that hadn't been played in years and my lovely blue Kala Tenor. That one hurt, but between the baritone and the Klos tenor it wasn't getting much play.

I ordered three others: a Bonanza Homestead uke scheduled to arrive Friday, an Aklot U-bass which I returned, and a GoldTone MicroBass to replace it which should arrive around the end of January.

Non-uke purchases were a fretted and a fretless bass guitar, a digital piano, and a kazoo.

Bought a few. Sold a few. Started the year with 4 ukes, ended it with 4 ukes. Learned that I’m not a soprano person, even concert scale sopranos. Happy with what I have now.

Bought several tenors. Sold two. Donated three. Bought five inexpensive concerts for donations.

I really enjoy playing a wide variety of tenor ukuleles. They all sound different. I rather like the ones I own. Some, are just amazing.

2020 will be the year to seriously reduce the number of ukes I own. I've learned a lot in the last two years about woods, builds, neck shapes, tuners, strings, sound, etc. But, I'm out of room, and my wife is getting annoyed with all these cases and instruments everywhere.

If I say it often enough, I'll start to believe it...

In my first year of playing the ukulele I bought 10 Ukes... Gave away 3.

P.s. NUD coming soon ;)

I bought a custom uke, sold it. Bought a reso uke here.
Sold a banjo uke, bought another from Mim.

Many uke transactions in 2018, zero in 2019. I have my regular players and the ones that languish in their cases. I should probably sell the latter group... but I'm too lazy.

Yes, I bought a dolphin for my granddaughter.

I'm only counting ukes, not the mini electric basses I've modded or bought. A couple days ago I bought an all bamboo Aklot tenor cutaway from China via eBay on sale from $125 down to $65 ($70 out-the-door) to replace the tenor Fluke I don't like. Listened to some videos and read some reviews, which were all good. Should be here near the end of January. I did this mockup because it does not have black strap buttons, nut, saddle or fret markers, I'm going to add those.

Aklot bamboo cutaway.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Sold three and bought two leaving me with three.

(Hmmm, sounds like a grade school math problem.)

I bought more ukes, gave away some and sold one. I also branched out to mandolins. Mandolins are way more costly than ukes.

This year I will work at being more diligent at selling as I have a few I don't play. And every instrument deserves to be played. :)

Top Bottom