365 Days - 365 Songs Challenge

DonnaLele

Reaction score
Playlist of my Challenge
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4_exPsVHMHL1JvDFDcmAcORRIwnPEwZz

Hello, happy new Year!

I am an nearly 58 year old crazy Girl from Germany who loves music. A few years ago I felt in love with the Ukulele and teached myself to play it all by myself. In this year I decided to do me a challenge. I will try to do a video of one song every day of the year. By now I am not really good in making videos of myself but I hope it will be better day by day.
So I started yesterday with day 1...

(I hope the link works, if not, please help me, how to put YouTube into my Thread.)

Warm regards

Last edited:
Good luck with your challenge, you've made a good start. :)

(You can embed your videos using the film strip icon - 2nd from the right when editing.)

Last edited:
Excellent!
Good luck with your challenge. I look forward to hearing your next song... and those thereafter.

You have far more courage than I!

Beautifully played & sung!

Best of luck with your project. I did exactly the same thing in 2018 (see the link in my signature) to raise some money for charity. Finding the songs wasn't too hard, but finding the time to make the video became a daily challenge - some were made in hotel rooms, fields, vehicles, but it was a lot of fun.

Hope it goes well for you.

Thank you dear Steve, I will check out your challenge as soon as Imhave a better Internet connection. I am shure, I can learn a lot from your videos:cool:

OMG, it is so tricky to find a quiet place in a huge hotel:confused:
I hadn’t any success in this, so I had to do my third song once again on the windy terrace:rolleyes:

Dear Steve, now I have watched a few of your challenge songs, that’s wonderful and inspires me very much! Could you please give me a hint, what (minimel) equipment did you use, especially what microphone. Thank you very much for a reply and best regards ��

Great stuff, Corinna! All the best with your challenge!

Beautiful. For whatever reason, the second video shows you playing with the opposite hand.

Beautiful. For whatever reason, the second video shows you playing with the opposite hand.

Dear LACole, thank you for your hint, I forgot to explain that. Please excuse my English, I just learned it in school and didn‘t used it often:rolleyes:

I am an absolute newbee in making selfies and videos, especially with my IPhone. In the first video I tried to use a little extern microphone named Focusride Itrack Pocket and the additionell app named Impact. But this video got an ugly klicking noise, therefore I tried it with the ios app named Clips. But in this video it shows myself like in a mirror. So I trie and trie each day in another way. And because I am in holidays now, it is very tricky to find out, where are my technical mistakes. I hope when I am back at home, the quality will be better. Be assure, I am absolutely not satisfied with the videos, but now I have to go through, challenge is challenge :eek:

Now its day 4 of my challenge and I have a cold �� :eek:
I am in holidays right now, my video technique is awful, I cannot find any quiet place in the hotel
Nevertheless, I have to go through, challenge is challenge :cool:

Understand. It’s a work in progress. Your English is better than some who only speak English. Looking forward to your future videos.

Dear Steve, now I have watched a few of your challenge songs, that’s wonderful and inspires me very much! Could you please give me a hint, what (minimel) equipment did you use, especially what microphone. Thank you very much for a reply and best regards ��

Most of my videos (the ones where I am sitting in my study) were recorded using a Samson USB microphone, plugged into an old Windows laptop - you can see the top of the microphone in the videos - using the recording software which came with a Logitech webcam. The rest of the songs, played in other rooms, hotels, campsites etc, were all recorded with a simple android phone.

Beautiful. A good variety of music. Rotten to have a cold on your vacation, hope you are having a greT time otherwise.
Thank you Laurie, today it is better and me and my husband always enjoy our holidays :cool:

Most of my videos (the ones where I am sitting in my study) were recorded using a Samson USB microphone, plugged into an old Windows laptop - you can see the top of the microphone in the videos - using the recording software which came with a Logitech webcam. The rest of the songs, played in other rooms, hotels, campsites etc, were all recorded with a simple android phone.
Thank you Steve, that shows me, to take nice videos that are nice to watch you need no special equipment but a warm and nice voice and a heart that beats for music :music::music::music:

Today on the 5th day of my challenge I picked out the song "Teach Your Children well". Uiuiui .... my strings clatter quite a lot sometimes, I have to work on it ... but that's also a reason why I take up the challenge, I want to improve my ukulele skills ...

Top Bottom