Happy D7 Fellow Ukers!

Okay, I was definitely having a "duh" moment... but finally it hit me!! Pretty good, Rhiggie! I won't say anything else, just in case there are others here who (like me) might want to think about it a little more... :)

Ha! Took a few seconds to get it. Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!!!!!

Good thing you attached the image. I posted the same message last night without the graphic, thinking it was obvious. Only obvious to me? I guess I stare at tabs too much.

Part of the problem is that 2020 is F# diminished to most of us. Regardless of what label each of us attaches to 2020 I hope we all make some musical progress.

Part of the problem is that 2020 is F# diminished to most of us. Regardless of what label each of us attaches to 2020 I hope we all make some musical progress.

F# diminished? Never heard of it until now... I know 2020 as the "Hawaiian D7 (no D note? No matta, brah!).

Happy F# diminished to all!

Okay, there's that one too. I'm mostly a finger picker so don't memorize too many chord names. This is the Hawaiian D7 anyway - regular D7 is 2223, so I can see it would normally go by F# dim.

Okay, there's that one too. I'm mostly a finger picker so don't memorize too many chord names. This is the Hawaiian D7 anyway - regular D7 is 2223, so I can see it would normally go by F# dim.

yeah, I don't want to re-start the whole Hawaiian vs. other D7 argument. I don't play the Hawaiian variety merely because I don't find it easy. To me nothing is easier than slapping a finger across all the frets to get the one movable shape that I need for many of my 7 chord needs. So, no hate from me, just traveling the path of least resistance.

yeah, I don't want to re-start the whole Hawaiian vs. other D7 argument. I don't play the Hawaiian variety merely because I don't find it easy. To me nothing is easier than slapping a finger across all the frets to get the one movable shape that I need for many of my 7 chord needs. So, no hate from me, just traveling the path of least resistance.

Well, in 203 years (2223) hopefully someone else can have this same conversation!

I can definitely relate to F# Dim, as I used to be Fairly sharp, but have become more Dim in recent years...

Well done!

Top Bottom