Musician's Gear hardshell case sale, concert and tenor $29

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
FYI:

Musician's Gear hardshell case sale, concert and tenor $29, free shipping.

Build quality on these is better than the unbranded cheap shiney black ones direct from China on Ebay for around the same price.

In my experience, these cases run a smidge big so they fit most everything. However you might need padding if your instrument runs small... For example, it was slightly deep for a Kanile'a tenor, but did not require padding and was perfectly adequate for the price!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-concert-ukulele-case/712790000001000

Last edited:
Thanks Tracie. I picked up a couple for "future use" since there's always something coming down the road! Happy New Year!

Thank you! I may get one of these

Thanks for the tip! One of these will house my still in process Bonanza Homestead.

I hope they've worked out the kinks on them. For my last uke I ordered two of these via Guitar Center and the storage compartment in the neck was mounted an inch too low so the body of my uke wouldn't fit in either one of them. I was really bummed because I really like these cases. I ended up ordering one of those Chinese cases off Ebay which I like as well and had to play musical chairs with my other ukes until they all had a case they would fit in.

These definitely run larger than the Chinese Ebay cases. I'm sure the Bonanza Homestead will fit in this case but the Chinese Ebay case would be a gamble since they run smaller. This is a good price so the choice was pretty much a no-brainer!

Any idea which size would be best for a super concert?

A super concert is a concert with a tenor scale? You may need to go with a tenor size for the length. Check the dimensions in the product descriptions to see what will accommodate your uke. I contacted their customer service and they said the given dimensions were the interior measurements to the inside edges of the padding. My concerts fit in the concert sized cases with no more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch to spare.

The product description has measurements. My Enya Nova concert ukulele is longer than the size they give for their concert ukulele case.

A super concert is a concert with a tenor scale? You may need to go with a tenor size for the length. Check the dimensions in the product descriptions to see what will accommodate your uke. I contacted their customer service and they said the given dimensions were the interior measurements to the inside edges of the padding. My concerts fit in the concert sized cases with no more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch to spare.

Thanks that's really helpful. It is a concert size with tenor neck, ap looks like tenor is the way to go!

Check Mims for an extended neck concert hard case. She has them for extended neck (or 8-string) tenors, and I think she had one for an extended neck concert. Don't know if she still does.

I didn't get as nice a deal as Jerry did but my case came to $32 and change with tax delivered. It came in the mail yesterday and all is well with the interior measurements. These really are nice cases.

I measured the depth of the body cavity and it came to 3" deep to the upper edge of the bottom section. (I think the lid is an additional 3/4") If the Bonanza Homestead is 1.5" deep I may need 1.5" of foam rubber padding to make it sit flat/even. I'm still waiting on the uke so I'll have to wait and see. If the Homestead fits in one of those python patterned Chinese/Ebay cases I will move one of my Ohanas into this new case and put the Homestead in the python case because it is not as deep and I will need less padding.

Other case sizes are now on sale with the soprano at $34.99 and baritone at $39.99. Might get a baritone.

I ordered a concert for my wife’s Kala concert and it barely fits in, quite the opposite of a bit too big! We have to use a bit of pressure to get it in.

I ordered a concert for my wife’s Kala concert and it barely fits in, quite the opposite of a bit too big! We have to use a bit of pressure to get it in.

I experienced the same thing with my Kala. Over time the padding will compress so it will still be a snug fit but the uke will slide in and out easier.

Someone who purchased one of the concert cases here should give you the measurements, in the case it might work. The tenor case I received definitely has extra inches at the headstock end...

Oops. Sorry!
I have a Kala KA-ASOV-C that is also substantially larger than many other ukes.

I wonder if the Kala sopranos run big too: the Kala plastic molded soprano case I purchased off the Kala website is huge for most of my ukes!

I really like these cases! I own the concert and sop and fit my ukes like a glove! Great quality for the price and a steal when they are on sale! :)

Top Bottom