Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musician's Gear hardshell case sale, concert and tenor $29

Default Musician's Gear hardshell case sale, concert and tenor $29

FYI:

Musician's Gear hardshell case sale, concert and tenor $29, free shipping.

Build quality on these is better than the unbranded cheap shiney black ones direct from China on Ebay for around the same price.

In my experience, these cases run a smidge big so they fit most everything. However you might need padding if your instrument runs small... For example, it was slightly deep for a Kanile'a tenor, but did not require padding and was perfectly adequate for the price!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...12790000001000
    Last edited by ukeinfused; 01-03-2020 at 09:49 AM.
    Tracie

Island Koa Instruments, prototype sop, Peter Howlett #153
    Kamaka white label sop (Tiki added!)
    Martin O sop, 1920's
    Martin O sop, 1960's
    Bruko Cedar/Mahogany archback
    Anuenue Khaya I sop
    Kala Elite 1MHG sop
    Lanikai SPS-S spruce top sop
    Sawchyn hog concert (semi-custom, Martin 0 copy)
    Kala KA-ASOV-C
    Kala Elite 1MHG tenor SN

Thanks Tracie. I picked up a couple for "future use" since there's always something coming down the road! Happy New Year!

Thank you! I may get one of these
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Thanks for the tip! One of these will house my still in process Bonanza Homestead.

I hope they've worked out the kinks on them. For my last uke I ordered two of these via Guitar Center and the storage compartment in the neck was mounted an inch too low so the body of my uke wouldn't fit in either one of them. I was really bummed because I really like these cases. I ended up ordering one of those Chinese cases off Ebay which I like as well and had to play musical chairs with my other ukes until they all had a case they would fit in.

These definitely run larger than the Chinese Ebay cases. I'm sure the Bonanza Homestead will fit in this case but the Chinese Ebay case would be a gamble since they run smaller. This is a good price so the choice was pretty much a no-brainer!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

Any idea which size would be best for a super concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Muybien04 View Post
    A super concert is a concert with a tenor scale? You may need to go with a tenor size for the length. Check the dimensions in the product descriptions to see what will accommodate your uke. I contacted their customer service and they said the given dimensions were the interior measurements to the inside edges of the padding. My concerts fit in the concert sized cases with no more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch to spare.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

Quote Originally Posted by Muybien04 View Post
    The product description has measurements. My Enya Nova concert ukulele is longer than the size they give for their concert ukulele case.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    A super concert is a concert with a tenor scale? You may need to go with a tenor size for the length. Check the dimensions in the product descriptions to see what will accommodate your uke. I contacted their customer service and they said the given dimensions were the interior measurements to the inside edges of the padding. My concerts fit in the concert sized cases with no more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch to spare.
    Thanks that's really helpful. It is a concert size with tenor neck, ap looks like tenor is the way to go!

Check Mims for an extended neck concert hard case. She has them for extended neck (or 8-string) tenors, and I think she had one for an extended neck concert. Don't know if she still does.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thanks for that. I just ordered a concert case (open box) for $27.11 delivered.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information