Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musician's Gear hardshell case sale, concert and tenor $29

I didn't get as nice a deal as Jerry did but my case came to $32 and change with tax delivered. It came in the mail yesterday and all is well with the interior measurements. These really are nice cases.

I measured the depth of the body cavity and it came to 3" deep to the upper edge of the bottom section. (I think the lid is an additional 3/4") If the Bonanza Homestead is 1.5" deep I may need 1.5" of foam rubber padding to make it sit flat/even. I'm still waiting on the uke so I'll have to wait and see. If the Homestead fits in one of those python patterned Chinese/Ebay cases I will move one of my Ohanas into this new case and put the Homestead in the python case because it is not as deep and I will need less padding.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

Other case sizes are now on sale with the soprano at $34.99 and baritone at $39.99. Might get a baritone.

I ordered a concert for my wife’s Kala concert and it barely fits in, quite the opposite of a bit too big! We have to use a bit of pressure to get it in.

Quote Originally Posted by default View Post
    I ordered a concert for my wife’s Kala concert and it barely fits in, quite the opposite of a bit too big! We have to use a bit of pressure to get it in.
    I experienced the same thing with my Kala. Over time the padding will compress so it will still be a snug fit but the uke will slide in and out easier.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

Quote Originally Posted by Muybien04 View Post
    Any idea which size would be best for a super concert?
    Someone who purchased one of the concert cases here should give you the measurements, in the case it might work. The tenor case I received definitely has extra inches at the headstock end...
    Tracie

Island Koa Instruments, prototype sop, Peter Howlett #153
    Kamaka white label sop (Tiki added!)
    Martin O sop, 1920's
    Martin O sop, 1960's
    Bruko Cedar/Mahogany archback
    Anuenue Khaya I sop
    Kala Elite 1MHG sop
    Lanikai SPS-S spruce top sop
    Sawchyn hog concert (semi-custom, Martin 0 copy)
    Kala KA-ASOV-C
    Kala Elite 1MHG tenor SN

Quote Originally Posted by default View Post
    Oops. Sorry!
    I have a Kala KA-ASOV-C that is also substantially larger than many other ukes.

I wonder if the Kala sopranos run big too: the Kala plastic molded soprano case I purchased off the Kala website is huge for most of my ukes!
    Tracie

Island Koa Instruments, prototype sop, Peter Howlett #153
    Kamaka white label sop (Tiki added!)
    Martin O sop, 1920's
    Martin O sop, 1960's
    Bruko Cedar/Mahogany archback
    Anuenue Khaya I sop
    Kala Elite 1MHG sop
    Lanikai SPS-S spruce top sop
    Sawchyn hog concert (semi-custom, Martin 0 copy)
    Kala KA-ASOV-C
    Kala Elite 1MHG tenor SN

I really like these cases! I own the concert and sop and fit my ukes like a glove! Great quality for the price and a steal when they are on sale!
    Do they sell medication to help fight UAS?

Thread Information