Southern Cross Banjo Ukes

DPO

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just a note to inform you that I am no longer building instruments, it was fun while it lasted.

It has now been a little over six months since my wife lost her fight against cancer, and I have had a roller coaster of emotions to deal with. However one thing that became abundently clear to me was that I had no desire to remain in the house staring out of the window and watching the world go by. Accordingly, and with the blessing of my family I have decided to sell my property, half of which belongs to them via my wifes will. With my half I intend to buy a reasonably upmarket motorhome and spend my remaining years exploring this amazing country that I am fortunate enough to call home. I shall be a Grey Nomad fairly shortly and am looking forward to the journey ahead.
Thank you for your support over the last few years, I will still be around, at least for a while. If I have nothing of value to add to discussions I will at least send you a postcard occasionally.
Kind Regards
Dennis

The ukulele community will miss having you as a builder, but you've certainly earned a break. Best wishes on the next leg of your journey. :shaka:

You will be missed Dennis. I still enjoy the instrument you made for me. You do live in a beautiful part of the world that contains such diverse scenery, so I’m sure you will never be tired of admiring its charms. Best wishes for your travels.

Bob

Best wishes Dennis, hope you will keep us updated on your travels, maybe we can meet up when you are in our neck of the woods.

God speed and fair winds. Have fun playing your Ukuleles rather than selling them. I hear your sunrises and sunsets are particularly magnificent due to all the bushfires smoke we have been sending your way. Sorry bout that.

God speed and fair winds. Have fun playing your Ukuleles rather than selling them. I hear your sunrises and sunsets are particularly magnificent due to all the bushfires smoke we have been sending your way. Sorry bout that.

Cheers Mate, I am looking forward to the next stage of my life, absolutely no doubt about that. We are unconcerned about a bit of smoke drifting over "Godzone" but are very concerned for our "mates" and brothers over the ditch. We watch with some horror as the fires rage on seemingly out of control, and we care about our shared "Family". Take care, be safe.
Best wishes
Dennis

Safe travels, Dennis. I hope that you find solace and serenity not too far down the road.

Good luck in the next adventures of your life. I'll always remember you for your help ideas for the silly little cookie tin and cheap Remo drum banjo ukes I build for fun.
Running around in the RV sounds like fun. Have a blast. Yeah, send us an online postcard once in achilee. Maybe play one of your banjo ukes in Nashville (yes even though bluegrass players may turn their noses up lol) if you get to US.

Last edited:
Best of life to you, Dennis.I'm happy that I was able to get one of your last Banjo Ukes, even though I'm sad that it was one of your last instruments, period.

Live well, dream well, and be safe. I'll miss you, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

-Kurt​

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, I shall be around for a while yet, but even when I am a full time nomad I have no doubt I will look in fron time to time.

Best of luck to you Dennis! I wish you loads of fun in your newest adventure. Take care, and please let us see some pics now and then, I've never been to New Zealand.

All the best to you, Dennis. You made some beautiful instruments, but I can understand the desire to move on.

Top Bottom