Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 412 - The 27 Club

Hi Ryan et al,

Happy New Year. I hope everyone got well through the holidays and into the new year - with all ukulele playing fingers intact. Playing the ukulele is reason enough for me to no loger be playing with fireworks on New Years eve LOL.

Here is my version of Amy Winehouse's 'Tears Dry On Their Own'. I have never seen Amy Winehouse in concert unfortunately but I once met her at a London Blues Jam Session in a tiny club with space for maybe 35 people. This was before she made Back to Black. I was supposed to go on stage and sing my three songs but was told by the band to wait because this famous girl Amy had arrived and wanted to sing a few songs. So she did and I went on stage afterwards. Never again have I had such famous warm up . I was with a very good friend at the club. We used to hang out and go to concerts and ride our motorbikes around London all the time... He has since passed away and so has Amy. I still get sad hearing her songs and doing this cover made me think about that evening and my long gone friend.

I hope you like it. I am playing my Christmas present which is a Kala Journeyman U-Bass as well as the Pono TE Electric tenor. Not 100% sure about any of these yet. I need to play around with them some more.

PS. I have heard some demos of this song where the melody was different and more jazzy but I am playing the album version which is based on the 'Ain't No Mountain High' riff...

Last edited by mep1; 01-09-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Mads, your video appears to not BE there ... but it actually is when you click on YouTube.
    Last edited by LimousinLil; 01-09-2020 at 05:44 AM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

I think I have fixed it now. A weird random error. Thanks for pointing it out Val.

Ok, I've done a song by a 27 club member and a Bowie tune. That means it's time to go back to 1992! Here's a bit of Radiohead!

It's been a while Ryan. Here's a Janis Joplin song for you.

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

this, a Lemonheads song
    from the It's A Shame About Ray LP (1992)

Great set of songs yesterday, very pleased in particular to see Amy Winehouse get some love and to see Linda back! I'm hoping to join the party myself tonight, would love to have a few more songs to catch up on first though!
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"I can't rock around the tree unless you rock around with me"

Janis Joplin song done pub style
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 01-09-2020 at 10:50 PM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

the devil made me do it.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

It's one Bob after another

Thread Information