Your Song (Elton John)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
I remember where I was the first time I heard "Your Song" and was entranced by it. By the time "Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only the Piano Player" came out, I was already a huge fan. Hope you like my rendition.

Bravo, John! This is a great song for you to cover. Thanks for posting this one. :)
I was wondering how you pick which ukulele you are going to record with, is it random or do you try the song with each one?

Bill

Lovely job. I often play this song. I love the early Elton John songs from around that era.

It is, without doubt, that 'You Da Man!' young John.
Loved it. Well done mate. This is well cushty!

Thanks, Bill! Regarding my choice of ukulele when making videos, my real workhorse uke is my Kanile'a Soundmonster tenor. It's the one with the old KU logo they used to use. It's light, feels good in my hands, and I like the sound. It's the most convenient to grab, too, because it sits on a stand right by my desk. My other ukuleles are hanging on my wall. I've been thinking I should use my other ukuleles more often.

Thanks, EDW! I really like "early" Elton John up to the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road double album. After that, he got a little bit too "glittery" for me, but then I thought he made a comeback with "Sacrifice," "Nikita," "Blue Eyes," and other great songs. All in all, one of the greatest pop music careers of all time.

Thanks, Dave! Thanks, DBWhite! I really appreciate it!

Thanks, Brenda! When I take my ukulele to class, sometimes the class seems appreciative, sometimes the students seem a bit indifferent. I still get a bit nervous performing in front of people, which is why video-making better suits me! :)

I haven't been on the forum for awhile so it was nice to hear your latest video. This one is pure solo ukulele with voice- no overdubs :) Less is more! Cheers

Thanks, Etudes! I really appreciate it! Have a great weekend! :)

Thanks so much for your great videos. I have been playing for 2 years and just "discovered" you. Your style suits me so well and you generally play in a key that I can actually sing in! What a treasure trove of wonderful tunes. Thanks! Jack

Thanks, Jack! I really appreciate it! Just some thoughts about choosing a key: Whenever I'm adding a song sheet to my songbook, one thing I do is experiment with different keys to determine which key is best for my vocal range. Based on my experience, I think the best key would be the highest key that you can sing comfortably in. I don't know how many times I've made a YouTube video then wished I had recorded it in a higher key. Another factor might be the chords you would end up having to play, especially if you have difficulty forming certain chords. Anyway, keep on playing and singing! Happy strumming! :)

Thanks, Renaud! I really appreciate it! :)

Thank you for the additional hints, John. Unlike some of my beginner friends, I fear (almost) no chords. I just accept the fact that I have to learn to play new ones regularly to progress. It also helps to know that I have one uke with great action and can usually find a position or fingering that makes it happen. Thanks again! Jack

Top Bottom