Greetings from Istanbul

burak

Reaction score
Hi Pals,

Its Burak from Istanbul (Turkey), with the new year spirit I bought a very basic concert ukulele from a local music shop (brand name:eek:ver speed cost:$40) to achieve one of my dream: Playing a musical instrument. I have never tried any instrument before and Im 25 :(, I know it will be hard but my goal is playing and singing my favourite songs like zombie, losing my religion at the end of the march.

For the time being, I only know C and F chord :)

Best wishes.

Hello Burak and welcome to Ukulele Underground. You are at the start of a long and most interesting journey. Always remember, it is supposed to be fun - enjoy yourself!

Your next step should be to learn G7 (0212). With those three chords you can play and sing hundreds of songs.

All the very best,

John Colter

Welcome Burak! Recently visited Istanbul and western/central Turkey......a beautiful country. Have fun playing!

Welcome. Music is a gift no matter who played it or how its played. Look forward to many years of enjoyment.

welcome to ukulele underground, and to the world of uke-ing! you don't need a load of chords to enjoy playing uke - when i first started i got a £20 uke, and the book "ukulele for dummies" - i got as far as learning C, F and G chord shapes, then i stopped reading the book and just played about with those three chords - making up silly little simple songs, and just plinking on two alternating chords and marvelling at how great the uke sounded to my ears! (eventually i did come back and learn a few more chords!)

Aloha Burak,
You will find this forum a wealth of knowledge. Losing my Religion is a great song to learn. Not to hard but very interesting.
My favorite trip abroad was to Turkey. I spent a couple of weeks traveling there. Beautiful country and such hospitality! I would go back in a flash.

Top Bottom