not really from Bermuda

BermudaBill

Reaction score
Not from Bermuda, but lived there 6 years. :) Love the islands, been to Hawaii, going back later this year hopefully. I played clarinet through college, so music isn't new to me, but stringed instruments are.

I started playing the uke seriously (10-15 minutes a day most days) about 2 months ago. I now have a concert and tenor uke.

Question: I may have developed a bad habit. I somehow read or misread the G major fingering and adopted to playing with my index and middle finger reversed. It feels more comfortable to me and easier with many chord progressions I've learned so far. (I play fingers 0321 instead of 0123.) Thoughts? Do I need to unlearn this before it's too late?

Thanks!

Bill

Welcome to UU Bill. You can use whatever finger position feels comfortable to you. I'll change my finger position depending on what chord comes next, or what it follows, very common practice with the uke.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

welcome to UU! i had to go grab a uke and try playing G like that! if it feels easier and more comfy for you, then i see no reason not to stick with it!

Top Bottom