Our OZ Members

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I hope that our members in Australia, their families and friends are all safe and protected.

From what I have seen in the news stories, OZ is being ravaged by widespread, unprecedented fires.

We're thinking of you.

If we can help by donating to a relief organization, please let us know.

Check in when you have a chance and let us know how you are faring.

Hopefully, the threat will end soon.

All the best to our friends from Down Under.

I spent over a month touring Australia last February and March, driving down New South Wales, into Victoria, Gippsland, and spent a week on Kangaroo Island. It's just beyond words to see images of all the beautiful places I just visited in such a state.

It's unbelievable the amount of land, property and human as well as animal life that is being devastated. Gut-wrenching, actually.

As Kenn2018 said, keeping all of our Aussie friends and all of those affected, in our thoughts.

I effectively live in Canberra although technically I live across a border and in Queanbeyan NSW.
We aren't directly under threat from fires, yet the bushfire smoke blowing through is getting a bit out of hand. There's been non stop smoke for months now and just when you think we've had enough and there's nothing left to burn it got worse. The smoke on New Years Eve was unbelievable and left Canberra with supposedly the worst air pollution levels for a Capital city in the World. Mind you its just bush fire smoke and not chemical or petrochemical pollution so I'm not convinced its really worse than other capital cities around the World.

Still the smoke has worked its way into shopping centres and National Institutions which caused them to close. We just had a couple of days that were relatively clear but the smoke is back again now. at least we aren't burn't out directly around here.

Last edited:
A lot off the fires have been started by low life idiots , not enough is said in the media about the huge amount of animal victims.

Top Bottom