Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NUD Enya Nova with a twist

Quote Originally Posted by VintageGibson View Post
    I'm with Ms Bean on capos, don't use them on ukes.
    As for fretting pressure, I don't have a benchmark so can't comment except to say that this amount of wear after max, 8 weeks is a bit excessive.

Vintage
    Yeah, I can see why you'd be disappointed. Hopefully you're able to get in touch with them too.

VintageGibson,

The only thing I don't understand is that previously in this thread you have said that you don't want to contact Enya? If I correctly understood that, why not?
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    VintageGibson,

The only thing I don't understand is that previously in this thread you have said that you don't want to contact Enya? If I correctly understood that, why not?
    See comment #63. Enya already refunded his money over another issue, but let him keep the uke. Hard to keep complaining about a free ukulele.
    Glenn

Choirguy,

What Glennerd said.

I raised the issue here to pass on information and try to assess the extent of the problem from other Nova users, and perhaps gain some useful comments.
    I would feel like a freeloader if I contacted Enya, luckily Jerryc41 took the initiative and did so.

Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Can you post pictures? The more examples we have, the better. You can write to Enya using the link below. The more they hear from customers, the better our chance of getting action. You can write to Enya here -

https://www.enya-music.com/pages/contact-us
    I got this picture of the damage on my Nova. I hope it's clear enough for Enya to start collecting data. I'll send a picture of the serial no along as well. I haven't made up my mind to go through Amazon or to use the link you provided Jerry. Anyway, I'll let you know when I hear from them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I contacted Enya and attached the photos of the worn fretboard and the serial no. Mike replied that they are currently working on hardening the frets, and that they expect the upgrade to be available to send out in two months time.
    They offered to send out a current one as a replacement should I have buzzing issues due to the wear. But as that is currently not a problem I told them that I would be happy to wait. I'll contact them around the end of March to get the confirmation that the upgrade has passed a more rigorous stress test.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Bean View Post
    I contacted Enya and attached the photos of the worn fretboard and the serial no. Mike replied that they are currently working on hardening the frets, and that they expect the upgrade to be available to send out in two months time.
    They offered to send out a current one as a replacement should I have buzzing issues due to the wear. But as that is currently not a problem I told them that I would be happy to wait. I'll contact them around the end of March to get the confirmation that the upgrade has passed a more rigorous stress test.
    Good news
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Ms Bean

Good result!

I'm impressed with Enya's customer service.
    By the time mine becomes unplayable the upgraded version should be well established, so I'll buy a new one.

Vintage

Thread Information