FS: Martin OXK - Excellent Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPG

Reaction score
Selling my Martin OXK Koa Pattern HPL soprano ukulele. Includes Martin gig bag.

$225 shipped CONUSA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/P7gMNxDGHNBqA4zG7

This instrument has seen minimal play and is in better than excellent condition.

Action has been lowered to a smooth playing 2mm at the 12th fret, the original strings have been replaced with Martin "Premium" M605 strings, and a very light application of fretboard oil has been applied to the fretboard. These adjustments and the fact that I don't have the original packaging are the only reason I don't describe it as "mint" and "like, new". I reserve those words for items that are truly in as purchased condition, usually with original packaging.

A great sounding, great playing, "take anywhere" ukulele.

I previously posted this uke here as having a blem due to some blotchiness it had in the fretboard. An observant poster commented that that the discoloration looked superficial and recommended that I apply a light application of fretboard oil to even things out. Well I did and it worked. A couple drops of light mineral oil rubbed into the fretboard got rid of the unevenness and now it is virtually flawless. At certain angles I think I might be able to make out a bit of an outline of where the discoloration previously was but there is no way I would see anything if I wasn't trying to find something I had seen there before. This instrument has seen some play so it may show some signs of handling and use, but I can find no discernible dings, wear, or scratches. Excellent condition is, if anything, an understatement.

Anyway, I was concerned that the conversation in the previous FS thread got somewhat hard to follow so I decided to close that one and repost.

Thanks!

Last edited:
A great sounding, great playing, "take anywhere" ukulele.

Yes, these are terrific instruments. I would highly recommend them. The fit, finish, intonation, action are all terrific, exactly what one would expect from a top maker like Martin. I am amazed at how well these play and how good they sound. I am sure some people are put off because they are not wood, but I have played a number of laminate and solid wood instruments (some luthier made) that are not half as good as these. One of the best parts is that there is no worrying about issues with wood.

Good luck with the sale! It is a great instrument at a killer price.

Thanks EDW!

Here's a sound sample for you all.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SuqNemqwGHYxsFqT9

The OXK sample is followed by me playing my 1918 Weymann soprano. The Weymann obviously beats it hands down it in terms of both volume and tone, but for the record the Weymann is the loudest soprano uke I have ever played (and I've played some very nice KoAloha, Kiwaya, Rebel, and vintage martins) and is tonally at least as good as any soprano I've ever played. So while the OXK is not as loud/resonant and tonally not as complex, I think it's pretty impressive how good it sounds even with the Weymann as a point of reference.

Last edited:
FWIW- when I click the link, all I get is an error message

Wow! Loud little beauty.

Alas, I only play tenors. BLWS

This is a great little soprano that sadly Martin no longer makes. They are loud, punchy, and constructed very well. I own the bamboo version, and find myself playing it more that some of my luthier built customs. Someone should jump on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom