Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone please talk me out of buying a banjolele

Default Someone please talk me out of buying a banjolele

I found this really cool shop in town. Coffee shop that has a wall of Ike’s for sale (offshoot of a local music store). I picked up a pair of Kalas while I was there and had a hard time putting an Ohana banjolele down. If it weren’t for the fact that one of the 2 today was my wife’s “perfect” uke I’d probably have gotten it.

So I’ve tried to find info about it online and have come up with nothing. No reviews, nada. It’s either the ohana tk-120buc or ohana ck-120buc (tenor or concert, it was labeled ck on a handwritten tag but felt like a tenor!), and only $230

I really liked the sound and feel, albeit heavy.

Can anyone offer advice? Is an ohana worth getting, and if not, where should I look for around that price?

Help. I have an addiction.

Friends don't let friends buy banjo ukes. Okay, I don't know you, but ask your friends, they'll back me up.

Sorry, I laughed at the title and couldn't resist.

Sounds like it's too late to talk you out of it anyway! I like Ohanas, but have never seen one of their banjo ukes.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by glennerd View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy banjo ukes. Okay, I don't know you, but ask your friends, they'll back me up.
    I play ukulele, I don’t have friends. ��

https://ohana-music.com/products/ban...30087916945508

You want to be talked out of buying it? How about this. If you play a banjo uke, everyone at the jam WILL hear your mistakes.
    Blackbird Farallon Ekoa Tenor
    Beltona Songster Resonator Tenor
    Klos Carbon Fiber Tenor
    Magic Fluke Tenor Firefly Banjolele

Quote Originally Posted by besley View Post
    You want to be talked out of buying it? How about this. If you play a banjo uke, everyone at the jam WILL hear your mistakes.
    And it’s a resonator too, so it’s friggin loud. I like it. Maybe I’ll get better because of that!

But seriously, how’s ohana as far as quality?

Q: Why does everyone hate a banjo uke right off? A: It saves time

Q: Why is the banjo uke player a fiddle player's best friend? A: Without him, the fiddle would be the most hated instrument on earth.

Q: What is the difference between a banjo uke and an anchor? A: You tie a rope to an anchor before you throw it overboard.

Q: What do you call twenty banjo ukes at the bottom of the ocean? A: A good start.

A group of terrorists hijacked a plane full of banjo uke players. They called ground control with a list of demands. Then they told the negotiator if their demands aren't met they will release one banjo uke player an hour.

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

Six replys and most of them Anal about Banjo Ukes. Sheesh guys get a life!
    Kind Regards
    Dennis

dponeil@xtra.co.nz
    Southern Cross Banjo Ukes & Ukuleles
    Proudly Hand Crafted in
    New Zealand.

You might have too much fun with it. Then what will you do?
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Default Proctology and banjoleles

Anal? I don’t think they sound that good.

But, you need perfect pitch.

Perfect pitch is when you throw a banjo into a dumpster and hit an accordion.

Actually, someone left their banjolele in an unlocked car here on Oahu. When they came back there were three banjoleles in the car.

Do you like the sound of a banjolele? Do you like the sound of a banjo? How long and how often?

Do you live in the backwoods? Do you call your cousin honey?

I can think of a banjo part on the first Dave Mason album. It was nice. Brian Wilson also had a short banjo part on Pet Sounds.

For my own taste, they’re nice, in short doses. Maybe they’re great for certain kinds of folk music. What the name of the great young jazz banjo player? Oh yeah, Bela Fleck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
    Anal? I don’t think they sound that good.

But, you need perfect pitch.

Perfect pitch is when you throw a banjo into a dumpster and hit an accordion.

Actually, someone left their banjolele in an unlocked car here on Oahu. When they came back there were three banjoleles in the car.

Do you like the sound of a banjolele? Do you like the sound of a banjo? How long and how often?

Do you live in the backwoods? Do you call your cousin honey?

I can think of a banjo part on the first Dave Mason album. It was nice. Brian Wilson also had a short banjo part on Pet Sounds.

For my own taste, they’re nice, in short doses. Maybe they’re great for certain kinds of folk music. What the name of the great young jazz banjo player? Oh yeah, Bela Fleck.
    You posted this twice under the mistaken belief that it would be twice as funny? If only you were original, alas most of the haters lack any sign of originality.
    Kind Regards
    Dennis

dponeil@xtra.co.nz
    Southern Cross Banjo Ukes & Ukuleles
    Proudly Hand Crafted in
    New Zealand.

Thread Information