Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukulele Related News from NAMM 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Sorry to sound grumpy, but I've not seen much real innovation in the ukulele world for some time. Maybe there is no room left for more innovation?
    It has been written that a nineteenth-century patent clerk once suggested closing the office, as everything which could be invented had been. His expectation for the end of novelty was premature, to say the least.

So it always is.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the pics and observations. I have figured a while ago that the vast majority of chinese ukes are all pretty much the same, and made in a bunch of interchangeable factories. The brand labels attached to them just reflect different marketing approaches and names. This does not only include the newer Chinese brands, but also the well-established brand names. The companies mainly focus on marketing and sales, and contract the manufacturing out to production companies that are often independent and can serve many brands, shielded from the public.
    Haha. Yeah, I walked by a couple of different booths and was confused wondering if I already walked down that aisle. Same color schemes, same combination of ukes and cases, etc.

Default Trade-show booths can be very same-ish

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Haha. Yeah, I walked by a couple of different booths and was confused wondering if I already walked down that aisle. Same color schemes, same combination of ukes and cases, etc.
    Did Gator cases bring a gator with them? I know they did that at one AV tradeshow (Infocomm in Orlando, probably 5 or 6 years ago). I probably have a photo of it somewhere.

But yeah, a ukulele looks like a ukulele and a guitar looks like a guitar. I don't envy the people who set up trade show booths for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Czhorat View Post
    Did Gator cases bring a gator with them? I know they did that at one AV tradeshow (Infocomm in Orlando, probably 5 or 6 years ago). I probably have a photo of it somewhere.

But yeah, a ukulele looks like a ukulele and a guitar looks like a guitar. I don't envy the people who set up trade show booths for a living.
    Actually, yes. There was a person in a gator suit. I felt sorry for that person

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Actually, yes. There was a person in a gator suit. I felt sorry for that person
    I didn't mean a person in a gator suit. I meant an actual live gator. They even let me hold it.

1371252934846.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    Kanile'a continued...

Is nobody gonna mention master Uke player Feng E in the back?!
    Kanile’a Premium KSR-T - Uke Logic High G Hard Tension
    Blackbird Clara Sunburst - Low G - Fremont
    Flea Concert - High G - Living Water
    Aiersi OU-31M - High G - Worth

If you Uke easy, life will be hard. If you Uke hard, life will be easy.

I normally dislike blingy ukuleles, but will probably be the only person who likes the blue Kanile'a.
    No chance of me buying it, (aside from what I assume will be a hefty price tag, Kanile'a necks don't work for me), but I'm enjoying the photos. :-)

Thanks to all who are keeping us updated on what we're missing by not being there.

Kanilea certainly do beautiful details. Awesome shot of Feng E too!

Same as Joyful Uke said, not buying but fun looking.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I normally dislike blingy ukuleles, but will probably be the only person who likes the blue Kanile'a.
    No chance of me buying it, (aside from what I assume will be a hefty price tag, Kanile'a necks don't work for me), but I'm enjoying the photos. :-)

Thanks to all who are keeping us updated on what we're missing by not being there.
    You are not alone in liking it

The HMS crew is surprisingly quiet, are they even there? I guess the KoAloha highlight will be their anniversary dinner/show. I certainly enjoy the live streaming from the Kamaka booth, they got the Aloha right ...

Thread Information