Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukulele Related News from NAMM 2020

This is Feng E playing the Lava ukulele and guitar on one of his videos. Possibly a bit too processed to work out the sound quality but souinds amazing in this.

I also saw a carbon fiber ukulele with led lights in the fretboard that could be programmed to light up - presumably to help you remember chords and placement.

It looks like Flight is trying to also capture some of the higher-end market.

The HUG pineapple ukulele is really interesting. The soundboard is made of Mango wood and the back and sides are acacia. It is hand carved in the back and the top is matched. It literally looks like someone took a real pineapple and cut it perfectly in half. There are only 12 of those in existence and the company is based out of the big island. Sounds pretty good also.

IMG_2314.jpgIMG_2315.jpgIMG_2316.jpgIMG_2317.jpgIMG_2318.jpg

Curious if the Lava U are carbon fibre like the Enya Nova U or more like the KLOS? I suspect the former. Sound sample was cool. Feng E is very accomplished. Great video and nice song. Also, are the Lava U, concert scale. It looked that way one size. So that also,makes me think it’s a carbon fibre/ polycarbonate Uke. If anyone can clarify.

Back to Fender, agreed BAZ, all this resources. And for electronics and DIFFERENT, Lava U is way cooler.

Thanks all for reporting and pics. Still no HMS video that I can find. Curious if they did one this year.

Also, no UU video coverage?

Regarding Graphtech and ratio tuners, it appears Kala has fully endorsed these tuners as a lot of their new ukuleles show at the show have them stock. I always thought that was a natural fit and makes me wonder, it Graphtech had a bad batch of tuners where plastic mix was slightly off and post were breaking. I’m not sure I like white colour and reserve judgement until seeing in person. Good for Graphtech is they have these figured out. At the price, I’d go ahead and try a set despite the noted issues.

I’m still of the notion, I’d want Gotoh UPT on a Elite Kala but certainly would buy them on the import lines.

Wondering aloud , if Graphtech reps , had anything to say about any of this or a second, metal version?

Again, thanks to all for comments.

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    Regarding Graphtech and ratio tuners, it appears Kala has fully endorsed these tuners as a lot of their new ukuleles show at the show have them stock. I always thought that was a natural fit and makes me wonder, it Graphtech had a bad batch of tuners where plastic mix was slightly off and post were breaking. I’m not sure I like white colour and reserve judgement until seeing in person. Good for Graphtech is they have these figured out. At the price, I’d go ahead and try a set despite the noted issues.

I’m still of the notion, I’d want Gotoh UPT on a Elite Kala but certainly would buy them on the import lines.

Wondering aloud , if Graphtech reps , had anything to say about any of this or a second, metal version?

Again, thanks to all for comments.
    I have then on my LoPrinzi soprano and I really like them - no issues at all.
    TomtheBaptist

Joe Souza from Kanilea talking to Andreas David from "Gute Ukulele" in Germany (with some German explanations):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3m8TtGTC8

Mim presenting a new model from Ohana with a solid Cedar top:

https://www.facebook.com/mimsukessto...1010303949456/

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    At the price, I’d go ahead and try a set despite the noted issues.
    My issue with just trying out the Graphtechs ( I have tried them, but on somebody else's uke - I mean fitting them to my own) is that they require screw holes drilling. If they failed I'm left with screw holes that will be on show.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Mike from Uke Republic, wrapping up his take-aways from the NAMM show:

https://www.facebook.com/UkeRepublic...4685122334576/
    Last edited by Rakelele; 01-20-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Mike from Uke Republic taking a closer look at the Lava U, clearing up that it is a composite carbon fiber mix. Moreover, there is a look at what they call the "Space Case":

https://www.facebook.com/UkeRepublic...4195986187895/

Thread Information