Thread: Hello 👋

Default Hello 👋

Recent lurker just saying hello now from Sonoma County.

My wife and I started playing a year ago when we found it easy to strum and carry this wonderful instrument around while still dealing with our young kiddos.

I've been drawn to Tobias Elof's playing and subscribe to his patreon and I also love watching The Ukulele Site podcasts.

This place has been a wealth of info as well.

Cheers,

Stephen
    James Island Curtis Tenor
    aNueNue UC200
    Koaloha KSM-02
    Pono TE

Welcome to UU, yes it is a wealth of knowledge and a nice place to hang out, great people here. I see you have already acquired some very fine instruments, smart move.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Welcome! I am a newcomer as well and have found the site and members very helpful! Enjoy!

Welcome to UU Stephen
    Grandma Uker Penny

Welcome Stephen!

Hi Stephen,

Welcome from another newbie and lurker who joined yesterday!

I'm hoping that in time one of my children will really show an interest in music. But even if they don't, the music and practising helps me keep sane. And contrary to sitting down with a book, I can listen to their questions, explanations, rows whilst I strum to keep my callouses or study something else.

Thanks for the welcome all! Hi Ms Bean, we're trying to do the same thing. Started them with kindermusik type class when they were little little and have moved on with Piano and Ukulele. Got lucky with their schools having good music programs too. My son did say he wants to play the drums now though..not sure I'm ready for that.
    James Island Curtis Tenor
    aNueNue UC200
    Koaloha KSM-02
    Pono TE

I know what you mean about the drums. Though I would be happy if they were serious about it. The digital drum kits are probably enough to get them started, but they seem acceptable for people around. Drummers do get a lovely arm workout, once they fire it up.

Welcome, nice to hear the familys involved

Thread Information