Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS Non Delivery

Default USPS Non Delivery

My USPS Tracking indicated that my Enya Nova U was due to arrive yesterday, but it didn't. Looking at the Tracking again, it said they tried to deliver it, but no one was home.

When I went to the PO, they knew nothing about it. It wasn't there, and they didn't try to deliver it. I guess Tracking doesn't always track, so I'll have to wait.

Enya Tracking.jpg
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    This is what happens to me.

I am at the end of a 100km (one way) delivery route. The seller sets up a great store and offers amazing sales service. We do a deal and I buy an item. It successfully travels 10,000km from across the planet and arrives at the depot 100km away (near the airport).

The casual employee or contract driver picks up the item and tries to call me. I don't answer, he or she does not leave a message and they have their phone switched to "private caller". There is no way to call back. Next thing that happens, after a few days, is that the selling platform sends me an email saying there was a delivery problem and I get my money back and the item is sent 10,000km back to the seller.

This is why I have a PO Box located inside a post office where they hold the parcel securely for about two weeks so I can collect it. I only live two blocks from the Post Office, so its easy to get there. I avoid transactions with sellers who use the local delivery company.
    Yes, delivery could use some improvement. Some is excellent, but some are miserable. I've had good luck with the post office, UPS, and DHL. FedEx is iffy.

It just arrived. The label says "Priority 2-Day Mail." It took five days to get here. Better late than never.

My USPS mail carrier recently failed to deliver a package and marked the reason as 'driveway blocked'. My car was in the driveway.

Things happen. Overall I think that USPS has served me best, FedEx the worst, but I have a story or two about all of them. One just has to accept that things don't always go the way they are supposed to.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

I've had more problems with USPS than any other service. I think it depends on the diligence of the personnel at the local facility of any service, mine aren't too swift at the Bicentennial Station in Los Angeles. I've been tracking a guitar from China that I'm going to convert to a bass uke via EMS with USPS tracking info. Since Tuesday it's been showing delivery on Friday, then on Friday it showed delivery date unknown, then today it shows delivery today. I'll believe that when I see it.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I sent an envelope with tracking about 20 miles and it still hasn't arrived after almost a month. Sucked into the USPS vortex never to be seen again. I had to have a bunch of people cancel and reissue checks. What a PITA. I'm just glad I put tracking on them.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    I've had more problems with USPS than any other service. I think it depends on the diligence of the personnel at the local facility of any service, mine aren't too swift at the Bicentennial Station in Los Angeles. I've been tracking a guitar from China that I'm going to convert to a bass uke via EMS with USPS tracking info. Since Tuesday it's been showing delivery on Friday, then on Friday it showed delivery date unknown, then today it shows delivery today. I'll believe that when I see it.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    It seems to me that when the package does not originate with USPS and another shipper hands it off to USPS, the hand off is never smooth. Almost every time that something has come that way it has stalled out in the transition. When we were living in Puerto Rico we lived in a secure building and UPS would not deliver to us. So there was a way to have UPS delivered to USPS and then I could pick it up at the post office. Every time, the UPS package would sit in Catano USPS facility for days on end. I could see the Catano facility across the bay.
    Last edited by Rllink; 01-11-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    This is what happens to me.

I am at the end of a 100km (one way) delivery route. The seller sets up a great store and offers amazing sales service. We do a deal and I buy an item. It successfully travels 10,000km from across the planet and arrives at the depot 100km away (near the airport).

The casual employee or contract driver picks up the item and tries to call me. I don't answer, he or she does not leave a message and they have their phone switched to "private caller". There is no way to call back. Next thing that happens, after a few days, is that the selling platform sends me an email saying there was a delivery problem and I get my money back and the item is sent 10,000km back to the seller.

This is why I have a PO Box located inside a post office where they hold the parcel securely for about two weeks so I can collect it. I only live two blocks from the Post Office, so its easy to get there. I avoid transactions with sellers who use the local delivery company.
    Canada Post added a nice service (FlexDelivery) a few years back that you could set up a virtual PO Box that would have the package sent to my local post office and held there. I get an email when it arrives and show the bar code (or you can print the email if no data on phone) and ID. No fee for the service since they save the time and effort of trying to deliver to me while I'm at work. Bonus is that I get the package a day earlier since I don't have to wait for them to redirect a missed delivery to be held at the post office.
    Glenn

As stated by others, I have had problems with all of the delivery services.

Our USPS people are very nice and friendly. I have found out that the package delivery is often a different person than out mail carrier. Separate truck and carrier. It originates from a different Post Office. My biggest gripe is that neither rings the doorbell or knocks when they leave a package. They set it next to the door and leave. Even if it is raining or snowing! I have found packages that have been sitting outside for hours. For while the carrier was leaving packages out at our unattached garage! I requested that she bring them to the house instead. She said, "You want me to bring them up to the door?"

UPS will leave a note saying "unable to deliver" if it needs to be signed for, and then place the package in an unheated locked storage container inside an unheated warehouse. Almost always on a Friday so it's there over the weekend. No way to retrieve it until Monday. Supposedly, I can have it delivered to a local business. But if it needs to be signed for, the seller/merchant can't designate it to be delivered there. I have to wait until it is on it's way, then go into an account I had to establish and then a delivery options section I had to join and wait for a code to be delivered to my house by snail mail to activate the service. Then I can specify that I want it delivered to that business that's opened 9-5 only. All because they can only narrow my delivery time to 10am to 8pm on the delivery day. I have also had deliveries that needed to be signed for. Where the doorbell wasn't rung nor the door knocked upon yet there is a note saying they tried to deliver. Arrgh!

FedEx will now deliver items to our local Walgreens. I can then go there to pick the item up. It's kept in a locked cabinet in the Photo Department. So it's heated and air-conditioned. Or, if I think I'll be home, I'll have it sent there. I will get notices that my package will be delivered on that day. But then the day before the scheduled one it arrives. And, surprise! I'm not home. Or I get a notice that says it will most likely be delivered between 1 and 3pm. So I run some errands 9-11am and of course there is a notice on my door that they tried to make a delivery and I wasn't home. At least FedEx rings the doorbell.

So far, I like having ukuleles delivered to the Walgreens the best. Then I can pick them up at my leisure. Until 10pm. Or the next day or so.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information