Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Season 413: Jazz up you Standards

I think I've made it just in time! Here's an original called 'On the Eve' that I wrote about the birth of my daughter. It's a jazzy piece with lots of II-V-Is, some 7s and even smattering of F# diminished chords! I hope you enjoy it.

EDIT: I just realised the summer Christmas lyrics might be confusing for the many northern hemisphere folks! Being in Australia I wanted to write a song that captured some of our southern hemisphere experience.

Last edited by Friesse; 01-19-2020 at 11:12 PM.

That's it folks... Season 413 has officially ended. Thanks to everyone for their entries, I very much enjoyed myself listening (and playing a few songs myself).

I will be back with a recap.

thanks so much for hosting!
    lynda

acid skiffle

Hi fellow seasonistas.

Quite a few weeks have already passed since I hosted this season, so I thought that I might better get on with it and announce the winner.

First of all I want to thank everyone who took part, seasonistas old and new. We had 65 songs on the playlist and there were a lot of good standards, originals and improvisations, so thanks a lot everyone.

I did say that there would be a price, and that price is from ukulele jazz master Lyle Ritz. The winner can chose between either the Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Masters book or the CD Lyle Ritz plays Jazz Ukulele: How About Uke? and 50th State Jazz... Your choice...

LYLE-RITZ.jpg

Well, there can only be one winner and I decided to award the honours to the one seasonista who "jazzed up the standards" the most.... and the winner is Mark C for his solo ukulele chord melody version of Stardust. Well done Mark and congratulations!

You can revisit Mark's performance here:

Mark, please contact me and let me know your choice and your postal address.

Nb. I haven't been able to take part in anything for the last few weeks... I have been hit by a LOT of Jazz Guitar lessons and therefore a lot of guitar practice... Anyway the end result should show both on my guitar and ukulele playing as well. That is my hope after putting all this effort in.

All the best and keep uke'ing.
    Mads

Great Season, and great choice of Mark's performance! Thanks ~

thank you so much for hosting! and big congrats to mark!
    lynda

acid skiffle

Great season Mads, and very well done Mark, you played a blinder mate

Thanks for the challenging Season, Mads! And congrats to Mark!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Well this was a cheering surprise after a miserable third week with a chest Infection so thank you very much Mads and for the generous prize too.
    Thanks also for the kind congrats messages guys n girls much appreciated xx
    Last edited by mythinformed; 02-20-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Thread Information