Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 413: Jazz up you Standards

Quote Originally Posted by SailingUke View Post
    Classic use of II-V-I.

Hi Alan. Great rendition with lovely strumming and singing. For some reason your settings on the video is set as ‘made for kids’ on youtube (their new settings system) so I can’t comment directly on your video nor can I add it to the playlist. Maybe if you go into your youtube editor and click on ‘Not made for kids’ then it should be possible to get it on the playlist.

Cheers
    Mads

Another Tin Pan Alley piece that later became a standard. I sing this sometimes at the nursing home in an extended version that also features my friend Carroll Sammons playing some solos on his electric guitar.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

this, a lovely song i learnt many years ago from a Cliff Edwards rekkid

Quote Originally Posted by mep1 View Post
    Hi Alan. Great rendition with lovely strumming and singing. For some reason your settings on the video is set as ‘made for kids’ on youtube (their new settings system) so I can’t comment directly on your video nor can I add it to the playlist. Maybe if you go into your youtube editor and click on ‘Not made for kids’ then it should be possible to get it on the playlist.

Cheers
    Mads
    Can someone check if this has happened to mine? I can't work out where to change it either.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"I can't rock around the tree unless you rock around with me"

Default So Relax

Leon Redbone toon with some whistling.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Can someone check if this has happened to mine? I can't work out where to change it either.
    Hi Ryan, Your videos work fine.

Thanks to Rex, I was not entirely unfamiliar with Jazz Chords. Though I had to seek high and low to find the "lesson" he kindly gave me on them some years back. Anyway, after refamiliarising myself with some standard jazz chords for the uke. I worked on this chord sequence a few days back. But I just couldn't get inspired to write any lyrics for it. I thought it might work as an over exaggerated love song in classic 30s style. But the muse had other ideas and this morning gifted me this "typical Berni" social commentary. Inspired no doubt by a walk I took yesterday on which I saw an obviously itinerant busker... as well as some Senegalese guys trying to sell fake Nike & Reebok sneakers and reproductions of brand name ladys' handbags (probably made in the same factory that produces the ones that would cost €200 + in the high street stores.) The last verse drew on a memory of the lines of young Eastern European girls strung out along a local road that traverses the mountains.

Anyway, I hope these jazzy chords are enough to justify the inclusion of this song in the Season. Just imagine Ray Noble and Al Bowly doing a protest song and it'll be fine

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Finally found a song which (I hope) fits the bill and which I can play.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by mep1 View Post

Cheers
    Mads
    It was hard to find, but in the settings there is an audience setting. Successfully changed.
    Keep Strummin'

A lot of good music and the playlist has now been updated. I will continue to comment on each individual video tonight. Keep them coming...

Thread Information