Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 413: Jazz up you Standards

Default Autumn leaves chord melody

And here is a short chord melody arrangement of Autumn Leaves.

I have rearranged this from a guitar version I have been working on so it suits the baritone ukulele..

Lullaby of Birdland (1952) by George Shearing and B. Y. Forster. Ukulele arrangement and tabs by Fourbladeknife. I've started learning and practising this several times over the last two years, and I'm not done yet. But the learning process is still fun.

Entry number three, a shorty (you may need to whack up the volume) ………..

a taste of honey

lynda

acid skiffle

Thanks again for hosting this week Mads! It's been a great week of listening, and finally, I was able to find some time to learn this one from 1940 by Consuelo Velasquez, Besame Mucho ~

I wish you all a happy friday. We have 43 strong performances on the playlist so far. Keep them coming

Hello again, Mads, and a third one from me ... well, it's raining! Actually, this song brings back childhood memories for me. My Dad was a great fan of Danny Kaye, having seen him perform a couple of times at the London Palladium and had several of his records. I can remember dancing round the kitchen table to this on Sunday mornings whilst the 78rpm played on our old wind-up gramophone. (Oh, and big thanks to "Ratty" Astaire, who was airing his talents on Creative Commons and was only too willing to come and demonstrate the dance for me ... well, to be honest, I have absolutely NO idea WHAT he was dancing, but it sort of seemed to fit!)

Last edited by LimousinLil; 01-17-2020 at 02:02 AM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Here is an original Seasons of the Ukulele song, albeit not one that I have written…

If ever there was a song that would deserve the title of ‘season’s standard’, I think it should be this one: Randy McSorley’s ‘Summer’s End’.

This is my jazzed up cover. Hope you all like it.

One of my all time favorite Jazz Standards.Chords transposed from Lyle Ritz version.

Dixie land jazz standard from 1926

Thread Information