Timing is everything

Kibes37

Reaction score
I’m currently at work trying to intercept a Uke in time at my house with a signature drop off. Risky biz, gonna be bummed if I miss it!

Let us know how it goes.

What I like about having something shipped to a FedEx office, or Walgreens, or some place like that is that they'll accept the delivery, and then I can pick it up at my convenience. Takes some of the stress out of the shipping process, though that doesn't always go smoothly either.

I've had this situation twice already. Thankfully, both times the ukes were coming by UPS, and UPS offers the ability to authorize a drop delivery when you pre-sign/authorize it through the UPS Choice program (free).

Good luck!

Yep. Where I live, none of the delivery companies, nor USPS will narrow down the delivery times from 10am to 8pm.

FedEx and DHL have been delivering an entire day earlier than the tracking say it will arrive. Go figure.

UPS will keep it at an unheated warehouse for a day or two before delivering it on the specified day. I can pay a fee to have it delivered within a 4 hour time slot. I can have it delivered to a UPS business drop-off location in town, or the UPS store 35 miles away. Sometimes they deliver there, sometimes they ignore that instruction and bring the package to the house. They will not allow the package to be addressed to the drop off location. I have to leave instructions using the website, after the package is en route, to deliver it there. A local car parts store.

So far, FedEx and delivery to the local Walgreens has been working out the best.

Thanks for the input everyone. Was able to secure the Uke after work... waiting patiently to open... its been and hr, I think I got another hr in me ;)

Glad it worked out in the end.
So, what did you get? :)

Thanks for the replies, I’m beyond in love.

P.s. Great memory. My journey began with a Kanile’a concert I still really enjoy.

Congrats, that is beautiful. A real work of art.

I have given up on home delivery, I get it delivered to our receptionist at work, i specify "in working hours" in the delivery instructions. I am not in the US so courier rules are probably a bit different here.

I have watched a courier knock on our door at home, turn around and be back in his van before i have had a chance to even get to the door to answer.

David

Top Bottom