Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kanile’a carrying case

Erikro,

I am not terribly impressed with the current Oahu cases. It has only two antique brass finish latches. (At least that was the case I got last year from HMS. They change the spec on them pretty frequently.)

The Kanile'a case looks very nice. Crossrock & Kala make similar cases (Kala one is nicer), but the handle on the Kanile'a case in the photo looks to be of better quality. They are all ABS hard cases. I have my Kanile'a tenors in: A 2-1/2 year old O'ahu molded ABS cream-colored case that fits perfectly. And a smooth fiberglass Crossrock case that is almost too snug.

I contacted them about a replacement bridge pin for one of mine and they were super helpful. (I dropped one and stepped on it and broke it.) They got one to me very quickly. I think I paid a couple of dollars for the postage. I think I included my uke's serial number with the email. It may help if you open a Kanile'a account on their website.

Anyway, since you are an owner of one of their instruments, I would be willing to bet they would sell you one, if they still carry them. Just drop them an email and see what they say.
    Last edited by Kenn2018; 01-15-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Great. Thank you very much.

I have a Crossrock fiberglass baritone case and it's well made. They also have a carbon fiber line if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and need to shield yourself from stray bullets.

When I was buying a Kanile'a GL6 last year they just came with a fake carbon fiber case—I think plastic—but I didn't care for it much (not much room for accessories) and HMS let me swap it for a Uke Crazy polyfoam (better protection for riding in hot cars in the tropics).
    Last edited by gochugogi; 01-15-2020 at 04:51 PM.

That looks like an expensive, fancy, Uke Crazy case. Although they are hard cases, I don't like with zippers , and I'd prefect a traditional hard case for a Kanile'a. I'd like to see a toughness test done with hard cases. I suspect a $200 case would protect better than a $30 case, but how often does a car drive over a uke case?
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by erikro View Post
    Baz I agree but can’t find the Kanile’a hardcase anywhere.

Perep - Just so I am clear you recommend the carrying case in the link?

I am looking for the case included in this listing.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/kanil...ial-21969.html

Thank you,
    Erik
    Looks from photo like a great case, much like the Gator one they don’t make anymore,similar rigid sides and lots of GOOD padding inside, mosttime I use in travel my OLD floppy noe Steady case , the yellow tweed they don’t make anymore-looks like old suitcase fabric

Quote Originally Posted by Kibes37 View Post
    I just got a kanilea tenor and had hms switch a hard gig bag to a Oahu hard case. Fits perfect.
    That's what I would do...

https://www.theukulelesite.com/acces...den-cases.html
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Epiphone Hummingbird - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 - Pahoehoe

Quote Originally Posted by UkerDanno View Post
    The suede cases are beautiful.

I ended up getting the leather covered fiberglass Oahu

https://www.theukulelesite.com/acces...ase-tenor.html

Great choice. That case looks badass! Although 3 buckles would be nice, I’ve never had issues with two buckles. Especially when the case closes nicely and the buckles secure nicely. Anuenue cases which I always bring up are two buckles and the best imho. Oahu have great inside padding as well. Enjoy your awesome Uke!
    Kanile’a Premium KSR-T - Uke Logic High G Hard Tension
    Blackbird Clara Sunburst - Low G - Fremont
    Flea Concert - High G - Living Water
    Aiersi OU-31M - High G - Worth

If you Uke easy, life will be hard. If you Uke hard, life will be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Erikro,

I am not terribly impressed with the current Oahu cases. It has only two antique brass finish latches.
    I prefer three latches, but two will work. I recently got this case from Musician's Friend. It was pictured just like this one, but it arrived with three catches - a nice surprise - $27.11 delivered.

Thread Information