Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Ukes - Mainly play one

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    ... I ordered an all bamboo Aklot tenor cutaway to replace it.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    My Aklot was processed through Beijing on Jan 9, and it's probably on a ship somewhere in the Pacific now. Estimated delivery date is Jan 29.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I have five tenors. I’ve tried to play them in rotation but I’m only human so sometimes I focus one one or two. UAS for me was more about trying different ukes. With my first Ukulele, a Pono AT, I’ve been very satisfied. But then the itch comes back to try something different. I still have my AT, I will likely never sell it (knock on wood) it’s a terrific Uke. I got a Fluke tenor for Father’s Day. Hated the tuner, so out pegheds on. Much nicer. Don’t like the neck but I do go thru phases where I play it a lot. Got a MTD-SP and it nice with radius fretboard. Just put it in low G and it sound great. My custom gypsy tenor, I will likely NEVER sell. So, eventually, I hope to get down to a couple that I play a lot. Don’t know what those will be. Depends upon what I try and like. I think on line buying and being far from a good source of choices, makes sampling harder.

I endorse multiple ukes for different situations, songs and sometimes just how a different Uke sounds at any given time.

If I could , I’d likely have more but gotta starting moving the ones I don’t play as often.

I used to take 2 Ukes to each group I played with, had a luthier make me two neck uke , concert and tenor, high and low G so I can change sound while playing same song

I've gone through quite a few ukuleles in the almost 3 years I've been playing, 4 seems to be my happy number. I'm very happy with the 4 I now have. Even though they are all concert scale, they are all very different in personality & sound. They each have (more or less) a particular purpose, and they all get played regularly. I sometimes will play 1 or 2 of them a bit more, but none of them are neglected.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006 (Living Waters)
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018 (Blackwater)
    Blackbird Clara - 2019 (Oasis Bright)
    Cocobolo concert - 2019 (Worth Brown)

I have both a reentrant and a liniar uke upstairs, a tenor and a baritone. Downstairs I have my low G tenor and my husband's concert or soprano (both high G). The high G tenor moves up and down an out of the house. I play my tenors most, as that is my preferred size. Sometimes I just like to change it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    My Aklot was processed through Beijing on Jan 9, and it's probably on a ship somewhere in the Pacific now. Estimated delivery date is Jan 29.
    Yep, I ordered mine on eBay Dec. 28, the last tracking note shows "Jan. 3 Beijing, China Processed through facility" and delivery estimate Jan. 8 - Jan. 29. I hope it doesn't get caught in the Chinese New Year long delay into late February.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Yep, I ordered mine on eBay Dec. 28, the last tracking note shows "Jan. 3 Beijing, China Processed through facility" and delivery estimate Jan. 8 - Jan. 29. I hope it doesn't get caught in the Chinese New Year long delay into late February.
    They're probably on the same ship.

I'm sure I have a Uke Crazy-type case that will work with it.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I am not saying that I never play my other ukes. I have a Martin Travel Uke that I take when flying. I get the other ones out once in a while, my Favilla soprano has a sweet sound and is easier to finger for a couple songs. I also play a resonator once in a while when I use the slide, the neck on my Mainland seems to be just right for me and I haven't found an instrument that feels as good as that one.
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

I rotate a couple just because of size. I really should keep a reentrant uke, but I bounce between two concerts and one soprano, all strung low g. Even on the soprano I like the low g.

I have five ukes, but only four get used. The two main ukes are tenors - one a 6-string lili'u the other with linear tuning that are mainly used for performance and playing in public. Then I have a concert mainly for playing at home learning new songs, and a long-neck soprano for travelling that is now used by my GF to learn. The one uke that is not getting used is a luthier-built concert strung in fifths, where I simply don't have the time to learn this tuning, and I don't have a need to use it otherwise. I can't bring myself to post it for sale either so it's just sitting in a spare room.

Thread Information