NUD: Pono ABD Baritone

Dohle

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I created a thread where I asked for comments on getting a baritone ukulele after playing sopranos almost exclusively, wanting to try something completely different. My choices were between a cheaper Kala and a more expensive Pono, and you can of course tell from the title that I went with the latter.

20200116_230825.jpg

And, boy, am I pleased that I did. I simply adore the wavy woodgrain on this thing, and the gloss finish just adds to it. I emailed the guys at Southern Ukulele Store (cheers lads, btw!) to ask for some photos of the one Pono ABD they had in stock, and once I saw those photos I knew I just had to get it.

Aside from the looks, this baby is of course really fun to play as well. I almost remember the time when I first started playing ukulele because I'm having to relearn which chords are which, having to adjust to the larger scale and fretboard, etc. And the sound is just wonderful, and the sustain... just keeps going forever. It's also nice to have something more bassy for those rock songs and the like that really don't sound as good on a more traditional uke.

So yeah, no regrets at all. :D

Yes, I remember your thread. So glad to hear you got the Pono. Yours is definitely a beauty. Congrats and enjoy!

Totally jealous. That is my dream ukulele. I am saving up for it

Amazing how that acacia shimmers with the light. Almost iridescent.

The grain pattern on you bari is beautiful. Like sun rays. They did a great job bookmatching the halves.

Congratulations.

Top Bottom