Peterson Stroboclip HD Tuner - REVIEW

BTW- they also make a phone tuner app iStrobosoft that gets great reviews. I have a friend who uses it and loves it.

BTW- they also make a phone tuner app iStrobosoft that gets great reviews. I have a friend who uses it and loves it.

Someone at a recent jam showed me that app on his phone. Looked pretty sweet, but it sure wasn't the best choice for a noisy jam setting.

Someone at a recent jam showed me that app on his phone. Looked pretty sweet, but it sure wasn't the best choice for a noisy jam setting.

Yeah - I agree - it's why I don't use tuners on my phone. I probably have a couple there for backup, but not much more. I couldn't imagine standing at a microphone on stage and getting my phone out to tune up!

(Granted - for home use, they are probably as convenient as anything else to be fair)

Yes, in a noisy room it would not work well. I believe you could rig a pick up. I recall seeing that somewhere on their site.

GuitarCenter.com lists the 30% discount with a save30 coupon code, but rejects it as expired when I tried to use it. They'll probably honor it if one talks to a real person. I'm going to be right by my local store later this week and may stop in. Like Baz, I have one but could use another -- especially since my wife's been picking up her autoharp again and may remember that I stole hers ;) .

You can create customized sweetenings if you want a sweetened baritone. I have no idea how to figure out what you'd want to set them to beyond starting with something close and then adjust to taste.

GuitarCenter.com lists the 30% discount with a save30 coupon code, but rejects it as expired when I tried to use it. They'll probably honor it if one talks to a real person. I'm going to be right by my local store later this week and may stop in. Like Baz, I have one but could use another -- especially since my wife's been picking up her autoharp again and may remember that I stole hers ;) .
I bought mine yesterday from GC and they gave me 30% off, didn’t mention a code. I did buy it in person. I went in expecting to pay full price. I guess I got lucky.

Top Bottom