Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 414: Coin of the Realm

Pretty sure I wanted to do this for Ginny's season back in the day but it was beyond me so I butchered Money For Nothing instead. As I then did that one again for your last (I think) season Jim, here is this one. Good timing as I've had Icky Thump in my car this week.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"I can't rock around the tree unless you rock around with me"

Hello, Jim! Great idea for the week ... numismatists the world over will be delighted! This song was the first that came to mind - I have a feeling that my Mum used to sing it to me. It is an exceedingly boring song, so I endeavoured to make it a bit more interesting; but I think that all I have succeeded in doing is making it sound like something from a very unsynchronised revivalist meeting.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Here's the watch theme from "For a Few Dollars More" by Ennio Morricone. For tenor ukulele and synthesizer

homemade song, "cadillac"

lynda

acid skiffle

For a previous season, I don't remember which, I had recorded this song, overdubbing the harmonica part, but then didn't use it. But this time I just recorded the whole thing with the uke, so the little chord melody bits are harmonica in the original.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

thanks for hosting, Jim!
    Here's one from me!

Hello, Jim ... a second one from me (and only one of me this time!) This song was made famous by Ruth Etting and dates back to 1930. It chronicles the life of a "taxi dancer". There is a very interesting article about taxi dancers in Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_dancer

Last edited by LimousinLil; 01-20-2020 at 06:13 AM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Here's one from Courtney Barnett with some whistling that gets slightly out of hand. Might see if I can find a nirvana song to complete the set now.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"I can't rock around the tree unless you rock around with me"

Everything posted up to now is on the playlist. And has even been commented on.

I told my daughter Molly about posting some of the alternative lyrics about rabbits. She responded "Mo bunny mo problems." Eisley was not pleased.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

another homemade-y. on bass uke this time. "bunny can't fix this"

lynda

acid skiffle

Thread Information