Season 414: Coin of the Realm

I realize now I should have written my post better. I posted it because while it was a weird thing that I wish hadn't happened to me, I thought it was a pretty comical image of me trying to button a shirt or brush my teeth while my arms flailed around. In the punk era, it would have caught on as a dance.

Does this mean you're feeling better, Jim?

Hope you continue to feel better Jim!

Shingles are no joke!

Getting one in here at the back end. “Packington’s Pound” is an old renaissance Lute tune. And since the pound is a monetary unit, I thought I would share this Uke version for this season.

Thanks for hosting Jim!

Season 414 has now ended. Thank you all very much for taking part.

It was a great season, Jim. I enjoyed lurking. Sorry I couldn’t join. I can’t even hold a uke in playing position for more than a few seconds ... yet. Baby steps.

Great season Jim. Sorry I wasn't able to bring anything. I tried to participate via listening and commenting on some of the entries! I hope you're feeling better soon ~

Yeesh, it has been a while since Season 414 ended! I got a bad cold right after the week ended, and it left me with a lingering cough that sapped my energy for a long time. So now that I'm finally ready to close out the week and award prizes, the zombie apocalypse has happened.

I've always chosen winners randomly for Seasons I've hosted. I saw some discussion last year that some folks thought it was a cop-out to do this. I don't share that approach for a couple of reasons. First off, I doubt how objective I would be in choosing winners. I'm worried that the winners would be the ones who covered a song I already really liked. Second, I want to be encouraging to people to keep at it. There are a lot of former Seasonistas who improved so much over the course of a few years that they no longer have time to do the Seasons because they're now out gigging! (This reminds me, I should suggest on Facebook that if performance venues are now closed for social distancing, these people should come back to the Seasons for the duration to keep their chops up!)

So, anyway, I used random.org's randomness generator to choose three winners. The winners are:
Flatbaroque
Tootler
BEVOMU

I will send you PMs about choosing your t-shirt prize. I just checked the Redbubble site, and they are still functioning for now. All of the winners are overseas, so it will be a good test of how well mail delivery is functioning during this crisis.

Top Bottom