Thread: 6 string ukes

Default 6 string ukes

Hi there

Looking at some 6 string Tenor ukes to buy...
    I narrowed down my search to Lanikai because of value-for-$ and the wider nut width (38mm).

I was wondering if the older (discontinued?) spruce top model SOT-6EK has the same 38mm (1.5") nut width as the newer MA-6T mahagony models or it's a "new" feature for Lanikai ukes?

If anyone can comment in terms of sound as well - I'd love to hear.
    Unfortunately both are non-stocked and will have to be an internet "blind buy" I played a bit with the regular 4 string equivalent of the Lanikai MA-6T and liked it. Also with another brand's Spruce top tenor one and liked it too - so can't make an educated decision.

Thanks!

The one at Sweetwater seems to be a very sweet deal. I'm almost tempted to that myself.

I guess you're talking about the SOT6 spruce top no? Yea nice deal there.. Do you think that one is > the current MA6T mahagony model?

Have you looked at the eddy finn 6 line?

Unless I'm missing something I only see a 6 string guitalele configuration not a 6 string tenor uke from Eddy Finn

Quote Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
    I guess you're talking about the SOT6 spruce top no? Yea nice deal there.. Do you think that one is > the current MA6T mahagony model?
    No the mahogany one. Though it seems to be 199 pretty much everywhere. Will need a low A though from the looks of it.

My first uke was a Lanikai 6-string. I have another Lanikai 6-string that I still play 3-4 times a week. Good uke!

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    No the mahogany one. Though it seems to be 199 pretty much everywhere. Will need a low A though from the looks of it.
    Oh I think it comes with low A, or is it a low C and unison A you think?

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    OK I got it for 181+tax on Amazon! We'll see if I like it... can always go back and get the solid spruce top (and pickup) one.
    My new wishlist item tho is the Flight Diana Soundwave...

Thread Information