NUD: Sumi Tenor Spruce Top Maple back and sides

Wow, you got an amazing ukulele there. I like everything about it, including your playing. :)

My UAS is in remission, but this is stirring it up. LOL.

I have one maple ukulele, and had another in the past, and really like maple. Both of mine were the same builder, which is probably a big factor, (I really like the builder's work), but maple can sound fantastic.

Your ukulele is amazing in every way. Thanks for the video. The Sumi looks and sounds great.

As for comments about wood types and tone. Each instrument like people is different. I used to think Spruce & Maple as being too bright until I got my Graziano Selmer Concert. It's an instrument I don't plan on parting with. Best of luck with your new beauty. :)

Here you go. The first part are some arpeggios to Somewhere over the rainbow, followed by a few chords from Drop Baby Drop and then a few bars from While My Guitar Gently Weeps which I’ve been working on for a little while now.

Please excuse the missed notes and mistakes. Haha. My dogs were mighty confused.

Beautiful. Awesome sound and playing.

You all are too kind. Thanks for all the nice comments and replies. Unfortunately, I’m traveling out of town and had to leave my Sumi at home. I brought a Tyde soprano to “tide” me over, but, it’s not quite the same. I have a few things to work on. The acoustics are actually kinda nice in the room. However, the smaller fret spacing is messing me up a little. Have a great week everyone and stay safe.

The Kobe news has been sad and this Coronavirus thing is out of hand. Yikes.

Top Bottom