KoAloha All 'Hog Longneck Soprano, Laughlin 2M Soprano and Mono M80 Concert Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I have sold or have for sale almost all of my ukes as I caught a nasty case of "sixstringitis." I am keeping a couple of tenors so I can have one linear and one re-entrant. I have sold dozens of instruments here and on FMM. I always offer a three day inspection.

I'll update with pics in the next day or so, but below are two instruments and a Mono M80 concert gig back.

1. KoAloha All Mahogany Longneck Soprano (Limited Batch Run)
These were a limited batch run. The gang at the Ukulele Site was disappointed that KoAloha did these as a limited run b/c the all 'hog adds a bit of warmth over the normal all koa version. This was ordered upgraded with UPT's, so new price was $875 installed. In as-new condition. $575 shipped ground CONUS, includes nice soft-sided case.

Price lowered to $540.

Link to the ukulele site listing for these:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-mahogany-longneck-soprano-ksm-02-mh-1.html

2. Laughlin "Travistone" 2M Soprano. SOLD.
I picked this up at a great price from Jon here on UU because I could not believe a Laughlin was available at that price and am willing to pass along the savings.

So what is a "Travistone"? Well, Tim Laughlin made a few of these private-labeled ukes for ukulele performer Travis Harrelson. Here is a bit of information about Travis:

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/afterword/2010/08/travis-harrelson-noted-ukulele-player-dies-at-80.html

I literally checked it out when it arrived -- yes, it's awesome as it's a Laughlin -- but haven't touched it since as I simply don't play soprano. Every time I watch a George Elmes video, I think I should really focus on soprano for awhile. Then I pick one up and think, "Oh heck no, I don't have these dexterity to do this." LOL. Just looking to get whole on this fantastic instrument. $525 shipped CONUS, includes nice soft-sided case.

3. Mono M80 Concert Padded Case.
These are fantastic cases and new go for $150 on Amazon. $100 shipped CONUS.

Last edited:
The Laughlin is sold, pending payment and satisfaction upon receipt.

Who is going to grab the KoAloha and the Mono M80, which are both still available. Come on, it's been a whole 5 minutes! ;-)

An All Mahagony KoAloha??? OMG, my UAS is screaming at me to buy it, KoAloha is my absolute favourite. Would you consider shipping to the UK?

Do you have any other sopranos?

Hi @Ukulele Eddie, I'm very tempted I must say. Do you have any current photos of the uke? When was it made?
Many thanks. :)

Hi @Ukulele Eddie, I'm very tempted I must say. Do you have any current photos of the uke? When was it made?
Many thanks. :)

You should be! LOL. Pics below. It was made in February 2018 and purchased by me from The Ukulele Site in April 2018. Pretty sure it has less than 2 hours total playing time. Sounds fantastic, especially for strumming, but I rarely strum. Must of what I attempt is fingerstyle and I just simply prefer tenors.

You should be! LOL. Pics below. It was made in February 2018 and purchased by me from The Ukulele Site in April 2018. Pretty sure it has less than 2 hours total playing time. Sounds fantastic, especially for strumming, but I rarely strum. Must of what I attempt is fingerstyle and I just simply prefer tenors.

@Ukulele Eddie OMG, this is a real beauty!!! I have a concert Opio at the moment, which I totally love, and I wanted to add a solid mahagony to my (intentionally small) collection, and this would be perfect. I will risk that someone else will snap this up, and go away to think about my finances lol (I don't dare to make a rush decision). Thank you so much for the pics and the extra info!!! :)

Man my wife would kill me but.........., I'm only really looking for two ukes at the moment......a long neck soprano......and a resonator.......a mahogany koaloha would really fit the bill...i gotta live another day......perhaps I could tell her about all the money I saved buying this one rather than the 3K+ kinnard long neck soprano I actually had in my hands and passed on last November....:D

I have sold or have for sale almost all of my ukes as I caught a nasty case of "sixstringitis." I am keeping a couple of tenors so I can have one linear and one re-entrant. I have sold dozens of instruments here and on FMM. I always offer a three day inspection.

I’ve played a few of Eddie’s tenors. He has/had? An amazing collection of custom instruments. Which ones did you keep? I’m assuming at least, the Hive, maybe the Grimes?

Cheers! On your new guitar journey.

Thanks, @ghostrdr. I plan to keep my Hive (Lucky 12/The Tree) and a Kala Elite Super tenor (spruce/myrtle) to keep re-entrant. Everything else is sold except the KoAloha listed here and two tenors listed at Ukulele Friend: Kinnard Series 3 (spruce/sycamore) and TODA (German spruce/Madagascar rosewood). There is a chance when one of those tenors sells, I keep the other tenor for my re-entrant uke and then sell the Kala Elite.

The KoAloha is still available. I have had a couple offers below what I'd like to get for it. $540 shipped ground gets it into the hands of a lucky new owner. This is essentially brand new and they aren't making any more. I really do think they have a warmer tone than the all koa KoAloha's (and I like the tone on those as well, I'm just saying how this is different).

Good call on that Hive. It is exceptional. I’m also super jealous of the new Grimes owner. That one really sung to me. Good luck with the sales!

Eddie, you know I've liked at the soprano a few times but at the end of the day, my experiences with long-necks is that they are just hard for me to handle, weight distribution, etc. Sorry it's not a standard soprano.

Eddie, you know I've liked at the soprano a few times but at the end of the day, my experiences with long-necks is that they are just hard for me to handle, weight distribution, etc. Sorry it's not a standard soprano.

Lovely Soprano. Someone will be super pleased with it.

I've purchased two high end ukuleles from Eddie and each instrument was immaculately cared for and in "like new" condition.

Each was carefully packed and quickly shipped.

If you are on the fence about buying from Eddie, I wholeheartedly recommend him. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Good luck with the sale.

That is amazing! Super interested, your PM's are full. Please hit me back.

Thanks, Ken, it has been a pleasure working with you.

This lovely uke is sold.

Thank you, UU. I will close this thread and later repost the Mono M80 gig bag along with another one (have both concert and tenor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom