Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KoAloha All 'Hog Longneck Soprano, Laughlin 2M Soprano and Mono M80 Concert Case

Sent you a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Eddie View Post
    I have sold or have for sale almost all of my ukes as I caught a nasty case of "sixstringitis." I am keeping a couple of tenors so I can have one linear and one re-entrant. I have sold dozens of instruments here and on FMM. I always offer a three day inspection.
    I’ve played a few of Eddie’s tenors. He has/had? An amazing collection of custom instruments. Which ones did you keep? I’m assuming at least, the Hive, maybe the Grimes?

Cheers! On your new guitar journey.

Thanks, @ghostrdr. I plan to keep my Hive (Lucky 12/The Tree) and a Kala Elite Super tenor (spruce/myrtle) to keep re-entrant. Everything else is sold except the KoAloha listed here and two tenors listed at Ukulele Friend: Kinnard Series 3 (spruce/sycamore) and TODA (German spruce/Madagascar rosewood). There is a chance when one of those tenors sells, I keep the other tenor for my re-entrant uke and then sell the Kala Elite.

The KoAloha is still available. I have had a couple offers below what I'd like to get for it. $540 shipped ground gets it into the hands of a lucky new owner. This is essentially brand new and they aren't making any more. I really do think they have a warmer tone than the all koa KoAloha's (and I like the tone on those as well, I'm just saying how this is different).
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Good call on that Hive. It is exceptional. I’m also super jealous of the new Grimes owner. That one really sung to me. Good luck with the sales!

Eddie, you know I've liked at the soprano a few times but at the end of the day, my experiences with long-necks is that they are just hard for me to handle, weight distribution, etc. Sorry it's not a standard soprano.
    ----------------------------------
    Mainland mahogany soprano
    Kala KA-SC
    Kala La Salle tenor

the Dominican Order: to praise, to bless, to preach

Eddie, you know I've liked at the soprano a few times but at the end of the day, my experiences with long-necks is that they are just hard for me to handle, weight distribution, etc. Sorry it's not a standard soprano.
    ----------------------------------
    Mainland mahogany soprano
    Kala KA-SC
    Kala La Salle tenor

the Dominican Order: to praise, to bless, to preach

Lovely Soprano. Someone will be super pleased with it.

I've purchased two high end ukuleles from Eddie and each instrument was immaculately cared for and in "like new" condition.

Each was carefully packed and quickly shipped.

If you are on the fence about buying from Eddie, I wholeheartedly recommend him. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Good luck with the sale.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Eddie View Post
    You should be! LOL. Pics below. It was made in February 2018 and purchased by me from The Ukulele Site in April 2018. Pretty sure it has less than 2 hours total playing time. Sounds fantastic, especially for strumming, but I rarely strum. Must of what I attempt is fingerstyle and I just simply prefer tenors.
    That is amazing! Super interested, your PM's are full. Please hit me back.

Thanks, Ken, it has been a pleasure working with you.

This lovely uke is sold.

Thank you, UU. I will close this thread and later repost the Mono M80 gig bag along with another one (have both concert and tenor).
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Thread Information