New member from NYC

Papa K

Reaction score
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the UU family, I am an electrician in NYC and I spend most of my free time in my cabin it the Adirondack Mountains of NY.
A few years ago I was on the island of Oahu and my wife came home from the Stadium flea market with a tenor uke she bought for me. I trued to play my sons guitar for years and could never get it. I was very interested in trying the ukulele,
I am a US Navy Veteran and living through the September 11th 2001 attack on New York City I had to visit Pearl Harbor.
We were returning to our bus after our tour our bus driver Cousin Fred was playing the most beautiful rendition of little Brown Shack that I knew I had to learn how to play the uke, after 2 years of U Tube tutorials I am happy with my progress but have questions, so her I am.

Looking forward to the interactions

Welcome Papa K!

I've heard from a good number of people that ukulele is a lot easier, more fun, more accessible than guitar. I'm still learning myself, but I like the meditative aspect of arpeggios and fingerpicking patters the most when I'm playing alone. Strumming and singing is also a lot of fun together with other people.

Welcome to UU.

I don't come out to the main thread that often anymore but I'm sure you'll have a great time interacting with the wonderful people here. Have fun learning!!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the ukulele.

Top Bottom