Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low tension strings

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    ... ...The only bronze wound one I tried were installed on Kanile'a ukes and they sure sound fantastic, I wonder how long they last before they start to unravel like the silver wound ones.
    I began using Fremont low G's about 5 years ago. I saw several highly favorable comments about them here at UU -- that's why I began using them. I still have Fremont LGs on my ukes for years now and I have never had one unravel. Moreover, Fremont LGs really are squeakless.

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    I began using Fremont low G's about 5 years ago. I saw several highly favorable comments about them here at UU -- that's why I began using them. I still have Fremont LGs on my ukes for years now and I have never had one unravel. Moreover, Fremont LGs really are squeakless.
    Ah yes I think I wanted to try these but not available in Canada. Do most stores on Oahu carry them? I will be there in March.

Ah yes I think I wanted to try these but not available in Canada. Do most stores on Oahu carry them? I will be there in March.
    Hawaii Music Supply (HMS) sells Fremont LowG's online HERE.

I'm sure HMS also sells Fremont LowG's at their 2 Oahu retail stores. They are located at Haleiwa (a town on North Shore) & Honolulu. You call them at (808) 622-8000 --- press 5 for Honolulu customer service || press 1 for Haleiwa customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    Hawaii Music Supply (HMS) sells Fremont LowG's online HERE.

I'm sure HMS also sells Fremont LowG's at their 2 Oahu retail stores. They are located at Haleiwa (a town on North Shore) & Honolulu. You call them at (808) 622-8000 --- press 5 for Honolulu customer service || press 1 for Haleiwa customer service.
    Thanks, with shipping starting at $10 it's not really worthwhile to buy a string, so I only buy online strings when shipping is included, like with Strings and Beyond. This may be a good excuse to visit one or both of the HMS stores again. I think the Kaka'ako one is in walking distance to Kamaka, so could go there after the factory tour and then lunch at Highway Inn.

... ...I think the Kaka'ako one is in walking distance to Kamaka, so could go there after the factory tour and then lunch at Highway Inn.
    Yes, the Kaka'ako store should have the Fremont at $4.00. By the way, the Ko'olau Guitar & Ukulele Co. is also a great tour. You can get contact info at HERE. The Ko'olau ukes are top of the line. Ponos are their second tier -- I have several Ponos & like them takusan!

Thread Information