New user in Canada

HaliUKEs

Reaction score
Hey, y'all! Not very Canadian there so maybe I should start with How's it goin', eh?

New to forum and pretty new to ukulele having been dabelling for about a year now.

I own and operate a brewery in the beautiful cottage country of Haliburton, ON (about 3 hours north of Toronto). About a year ago we hosted a Beer & Ukulele session with a local musician and instructor. I have been watching uke reviews and tutorials since. Big fan of Baz.

Since that time, I've picked up a few inexpensive instruments and they hang on the wall behind the bar. I play them, some of my staff play them and some of our customers play them. With the ukes on the wall and a beer in hand, we get many requests to sell them and that's exactly what we are going to do.

We've connected with Hal Leonard and are setting up to sell Flight Ukuleles. We'll be pulling in other models as well and keeping our eyes open for just the right stand alone location for a summer store.

What's currently on the wall? Fender soprano, Flight Traveller soprano, Beaver Creek concert, Beaver Creek tenor, Luna tenor and my foray into intermediate Breedlove tenor electric.

I guess that wraps the short introduction of my ukulele life.

Cheers
Michael

Another Canadian great to see, I live around Niagara Falls.

Just got my first Uke in today, currently working on tuning it.

Welcome.

Yay, another Canuck, eh?!

Great idea to have the ukes available to play at the bar! If I lived nearby I would definitely drop in for a beer ‘n a strum!

Welcome to UU and good luck with the business.

Welcome Michael, I visit your area on a semi regular basis, a friend has a cottage outside of Tory Hill. I did a bike packing trip from Lindsay to Halliburton on the Victoria rail trail twice last year, I love the Halliburton area. Let me know the name of your establishment and I will definitely drop by.

Welcome
Dave.

Thanks for the welcome folks! Looking forward to exploring.

If you are visiting Ontario, come see us at Haliburton Highlands Brewing. Ukulele shop name is not decided yet.

Thanks for the welcome folks! Looking forward to exploring.

If you are visiting Ontario, come see us at Haliburton Highlands Brewing. Ukulele shop name is not decided yet.

One of my former colleagues just moved to Kawartha Lakes last week; if your posting had been earlier I could have told her about your cool establishment.

Top Bottom