Rebel Double Creme Soprano - Setup by Mim

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPG

Reaction score
Rebel Double Creme Soprano - Almost like new - $435 shipped CONUSA. Includes Rebel gig bag. $485 shipped if you want the mint condition Gator Journeyman case I've been keeping it in as well.

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HYrPyP77VYG57BrP6

Playing sample at 3:15 of this video and then again at about 6:00: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AJKuhUL11piGbS9w6
(Made this video to show off my new teardrop uke, so if you want to see how the Rebel compares to other ukes you can watch the video and hear a Takumi concert, a 1918 Weymann, and my new David Hanson Teardrop)

Priced at 80% of what I paid and about 75% of Mim's regular price.

----- More details below -----

Letting go of another uke I hate to sell, but I just don't need 3 soprano's and I want to buy another guitar. I ordered this from Mim at the end of this past October 2019 (arrived 11/01/2019), so I've only owned it 2 1/2 months (the Gator Journeryman case was purchased at roughly the same time). It's absolutely lovely. I like even better than the KoAloha soprano I previously had. It has a beautiful warm tone that has already opened up some and I expect will sound even better in a year. The mango has some subtle but gorgeous figure and lovely streak of sap wood down the center of the book match. BUT right after I bought it a UU friend lent me her 100 yr old Weymann soprano, which I promptly fell in love with and ended up buying. So between the Weymann, the David Hanson teardrop soprano I just got, and this, I need to let one go.

I really don't like to use the term MINT and typically default to EXCELLENT + , but I really think most folks would consider this MINT. There are no dings, dents, or readily perceptible wear. It has been kept humidified in a hardshell case the entire time I've had it. The gig bag has not been used at all. I've played it a some, but not a lot, and it's never left my house. The only things keeping me from calling absolutely MINT are:

1) I don't think I have the original tags.

2) After she set it up, Mim found a tiny (maybe a few mm wide) area on the neck near the headstock where the finish was a little hazy. She offered to either give me another one or refund me $30 of the original purchase. I liked the wood on this one and honestly, the area is hardly perceptible so I took the $30 and stuck with this one. I'm not sure I would have ever noticed it if she hadn't pointed this out and doubt most retailers would have discounted it. There is closeup in the photos with my finger tip next to it.

3) It's a gloss finish and all gloss finishes tend to pick up finger prints (which can obviously be wiped off) and some very very lightly scratching the second they are handled. I'm not talking about scratches that most people would notice or point out. I'm talking about micro scratches in the finish that you will only see of you are holding the uke up to the light at and angle and actively looking for a less than perfect gloss finish. Most sellers would not mention or even see these but having some experience in finishing furniture I have a tendency to look over finishes in detail under raking light just to see how well they are done. I can see some in this when I do this with this uke, but this pretty much par for the course with gloss finishes (often even on brand new ukes), and again, you would never see them unless you obsessively look over the finish under a bright raking light the way I do.

Please PM or post any questions.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom