Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kanile’a KSR-T NUD

Default Kanile’a KSR-T NUD

I mean c’mon this thing is ridiculous. I love every single thing about it. I had Joel at HMS put Hard Tension Uke Logic strings on it and they are quickly becoming my favorite. I really like his experience with set ups and string combos making my string choices. The set up is 2nd to none as most of you know if you’ve dealt with HMS.

The tone is sweet and the sustain floats on. This is my first high grade tenor. I tried a cheap amazon tenor and quickly decided the size wasn’t for me. I think I was so put off by my previous guitar experience, I wanted to enjoy the smaller Ukulele sizes more. Well... Tenor is now my favorite. So much so I am selling all my nice Concerts and my one nice Soprano. I actually still really enjoy those smaller sizes, but this is a good opportunity for me to thin the heard. Plus, I just ordered a Farralon with all the bells and whistles I will come back to a nice Concert and or Soprano no doubt in my mind later down the road.

Back to my pride and Joy. This Kanile’a is so comfortable to play with the bevel and the overall body size. I can easily play it for hrs standing or sitting. The strings are harder to fret with the increased tension, but definitively more dynamic at softer plucks and strums as stated on the HMS Podcast. When dug into it rips as well. It can be sweet or cool and mean. I’m definitely a fan of silk necks, but don’t mind the gloss on my other ukes either. Don’t get me started on the slotted headstock! Man, I’ve been wanting one, although I’m not sure its not just ascetics. Not sure the break angle does much, but then again I’m new to it.

I posted a vid playing it in the video section of the forum, although it’s plugged in and most people probably are not interested in that. Haven’t recorded a unplugged sample yet. Here is the original HMS link.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-...g-s-22251.html

I don’t think I could love the wood grain more as well. It’s pretty perfect to me.

(P.S. The HMS description is wrong it has Mother of Pearl Dots and K inlay, which I also adore and are great for low light)

Thx for taking the time to read my NUD.
    Last edited by Kibes37; 01-24-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    Kanile’a Premium KSR-T - Uke Logic High G Hard Tension
    Blackbird Clara Sunburst - Low G - Fremont
    Flea Concert - High G - Living Water
    Aiersi OU-31M - High G - Worth

If you Uke easy, life will be hard. If you Uke hard, life will be easy.

Nice! Love the flames koa. I love the way the slotted headstock looks, but I’m not used to swapping strings on slotted headstocks so I have to look at YouTube videos to make sure I’m doing it right.

Congrats! Looks like a nice one!

Thx ghostrdr and yes I will be on YouTube taking my time to learn when string changes are due. Interested to hear this Uke in low G in the future as well.

Congrats! That is gorgeous. It seems Kanile'a is really making some great new ukes.
    Kanile'a the Taylor Guitar of ukes.

https://www.kanileaukulele.com/bob-taylor/
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Congrats on finding this beautiful uke! Looks like a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibes37 View Post
    I posted a vid playing it in the video section of the forum, although it’s plugged in and most people probably are not interested in that. Haven’t recorded a unplugged sample yet.
    I'm struggling to find this and I'm very keen to see it. It is a beautiful instrument.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    I'm struggling to find this and I'm very keen to see it. It is a beautiful instrument.
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...nteria-Sublime

Lovely, thank you
    Kamaka HF-3DC - Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTP5-PC

I appreciate all the kind words and this community in general. I feel very grateful to have this Uke to grow with.

Beautiful looking Kanile'a. Sounds terrific as well.

Did you have the Uke Logic strings on it when you recorded it?
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information