Thread: Uke friendly shows

Default Uke friendly shows

I've been watching {bingeing?} "Endeavor" on prime video. Lots of ukulele sightings.
    Anyone else like Endeavor? I watched every episode of "Morse", so it's a long term "investment" on my part. Loved Morse!

Quote Originally Posted by ukeanixi View Post
    I've been watching {bingeing?} "Endeavor" on prime video. Lots of ukulele sightings.
    Anyone else like Endeavor? I watched every episode of "Morse", so it's a long term "investment" on my part. Loved Morse!
    Yep, one of my favorite shows. But, I am just finishing season 5. Also liked the "Inspector Lewis" series.

Believe it or not, there are three CDs of the music from from Inspector Morse, composed by Barrington Pheloung. I found them years ago in the discount bin of a used CD store. No ukuleles though.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

in the original series of "upstairs downstairs", made in the seventies, we see georgina learning a ukulele song from a book or song sheet, i think this happens in the final season of the show, set mostly in the twenties, i'm not sure which episode though, early on in that last season, i think
    lynda

acid skiffle

Interesting! I love "Endeavour" (and "Morse" and "Lewis"), but my "ukulele antennae" never picked up on the uke sightings in the series ... I must try harder! One thing I'm certain of, though ... the older Morse would never have been seen anywhere near a ukulele!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

I have a lot of episodes saved on my Tivo, so I'll have to start watching again. I've seen all the Morse episodes except the last. "Lewis" is very good.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I have a lot of episodes saved on my Tivo, so I'll have to start watching again. I've seen all the Morse episodes except the last. "Lewis" is very good.
    I've been avoiding Lewis, never really liked him as much as Morse. I'll reevaluate that now!

Thread Information