Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 415: Giving (via cell phone)

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Gosh! This should be fun for the technically challenged ... i.e. me! I have never actually recorded anything on my phone. It reminds me of your "outdoors" Season, Brian ... thank heavens you aren't asking us to use the phone to record outside (it's raining)
    I can't believe how quick and easy the phone vids are, over here at least. I have found that the upload to youtube via the share option on the phone is actually quicker than my home network. Option Two gives you an out if you can't manage the phone thing...

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    I can't believe how quick and easy the phone vids are, over here at least. I have found that the upload to youtube via the share option on the phone is actually quicker than my home network. Option Two gives you an out if you can't manage the phone thing...
    No, Brian ... I'm sure it'll be fine! (The only problem - and I'm sure this will be difficult for those of you who live in the "civilised" world to understand - is that we have no mobile signal up here; I'll have to use the phone via our satellite dish.)
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Cheers Brian.I hadn't recorded music on a phone before.Mine is a Samsung 7.I was surprised that it records audio pretty well.And you are right ,the uploading is really easy.Thanks for the nudge to discover this way of getting a vid up. My brother and I have been waiting for a chance to do this quirky country song.So we took up your any song option. Michael on his tele me on the baritone.

Contemplating death and celebrating life.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

it's done on my point-and-shoot camera because i wouldn't know how to do it on my steam-driven ancient phone, but there's no enhancements, effects, or editing … and it's got 'give' in the title ...

I'll remember this Australia Day (the only one I'll likely remember) for the food. Sausages off the grill on white bread with chutney in the morning. Curried scallops over rice for first lunch. A potato and egg pie for second lunch. More pies for an afternoon snack, and finished it off with a seafood buffet at a high-brow restaurant overlooking the harbor here in Stahan, Western Tasmania. In the time between, I recorded this bush ballad about a homeless man who takes his own life rather than face The Man for his waltzing with a sheep. Seemed fitting for the holiday.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

I did record this on my iPhone, and then found that for me the easiest way to get it onto Youtube was to send it to my computer, and upload it from there. I later found I should have started from that dreadful Youtube app, to do it all on the phone. Definitely never gonna record this way again unless I have too. This is a U2 song called the Little things that give you away.
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

Hello, Brian ... I have done something! I've had real trouble finding songs with "give" and etc. in the title, hence my choice; which I realised, too late, doesn't completely qualify as the "give" part of the title is only in brackets. It took ages to upload from the phone and I look decidedly anaemic. If anyone is interested, I did a far more interesting 20 second video tour of our kitchen when I was trying to work out how to record from the phone. And HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY to all the Aussies out there!

Last edited by LimousinLil; 01-26-2020 at 04:55 AM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

South Australia - a capstan/pumping shanty. Recorded on my phone as requested; single take, warts 'n' all. Video quality - OK, audio quality - dire. I downloaded an app to edit the video though all the editing I did was to cut out the bit at the end where I reached out to turn it off. Not something I would normally do for a seasons video. I've got too used to the decent audio quality my condenser mics give me.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

iphone 6,firefly banjouke,mistakes unintetional

Thread Information