Season 415: Giving (via cell phone)

pabrizzer

Reaction score
OK here's what I'd like this week -

Option One -

Bring any song you like as long as it is recorded and up loaded via your mobile phone.
That's straight to your phone - no enhancement or effects or editing.

Option Two -

Bring a song with the word GIVE (or variations of ie gave, giving, given) in the TITLE.

Ideally I'd like you to meet both criteria but the phone option may not be available to all.

Hope to have a prize for my favourite performance.

We start when it becomes Sunday (Jan 26) in Hawaii and we end when it ceases to be Sunday (Feb 2) in Hawaii.

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Happy Australia Day!

Happy Chinese Lunar New Year ~ Is it just a coincidence that "Australia Day" falls on Chinese New Year this year?

Thanks for hosting Brian, is it safe to assume that past tense forms of give (gave) are acceptable here?

Happy Australia Day!

Well January 26 1788 is when Arthur Phillip had a British flag raising ceremony proclaiming the penal colony of New South Wales on supposedly 'empty land'.
We didn't become Australia until January 1st 1901.

But thanks for the thought Joko.
Lots of folk don't care what the day means for the first 'Australians' and have a party anyway.
A kind of Na na nana na na Day...
There's a small voice starting to call for a Better Day to be chosen.
We do get a public holiday tomorrow!

Happy Chinese Lunar New Year ~ Is it just a coincidence that "Australia Day" falls on Chinese New Year this year?

Thanks for hosting Brian, is it safe to assume that past tense forms of give (gave) are acceptable here?

Yes gave, given, giving - any derivations of the word GAVE are fine....
Just coincidence as the Chinese New Year shifts about.

going to follow my gut and go with an ambitious project idea. wish me luck ukers!

I'm seeing some well-known songs with "gimme" in the title. I'm assuming this is also an acceptable variation on "give"?

Gosh! This should be fun for the technically challenged ... i.e. me! I have never actually recorded anything on my phone. It reminds me of your "outdoors" Season, Brian ... thank heavens you aren't asking us to use the phone to record outside (it's raining)

Gosh! This should be fun for the technically challenged ... i.e. me! I have never actually recorded anything on my phone. It reminds me of your "outdoors" Season, Brian ... thank heavens you aren't asking us to use the phone to record outside (it's raining)

I can't believe how quick and easy the phone vids are, over here at least. I have found that the upload to youtube via the share option on the phone is actually quicker than my home network. Option Two gives you an out if you can't manage the phone thing...

I can't believe how quick and easy the phone vids are, over here at least. I have found that the upload to youtube via the share option on the phone is actually quicker than my home network. Option Two gives you an out if you can't manage the phone thing...

No, Brian ... I'm sure it'll be fine! (The only problem - and I'm sure this will be difficult for those of you who live in the "civilised" world to understand - is that we have no mobile signal up here; I'll have to use the phone via our satellite dish.)

Cheers Brian.I hadn't recorded music on a phone before.Mine is a Samsung 7.I was surprised that it records audio pretty well.And you are right ,the uploading is really easy.Thanks for the nudge to discover this way of getting a vid up. My brother and I have been waiting for a chance to do this quirky country song.So we took up your any song option. Michael on his tele me on the baritone.

it's done on my point-and-shoot camera because i wouldn't know how to do it on my steam-driven ancient phone, but there's no enhancements, effects, or editing … and it's got 'give' in the title ...

I'll remember this Australia Day (the only one I'll likely remember) for the food. Sausages off the grill on white bread with chutney in the morning. Curried scallops over rice for first lunch. A potato and egg pie for second lunch. More pies for an afternoon snack, and finished it off with a seafood buffet at a high-brow restaurant overlooking the harbor here in Stahan, Western Tasmania. In the time between, I recorded this bush ballad about a homeless man who takes his own life rather than face The Man for his waltzing with a sheep. Seemed fitting for the holiday.

I did record this on my iPhone, and then found that for me the easiest way to get it onto Youtube was to send it to my computer, and upload it from there. I later found I should have started from that dreadful Youtube app, to do it all on the phone. Definitely never gonna record this way again unless I have too. This is a U2 song called the Little things that give you away.

Hello, Brian ... I have done something! I've had real trouble finding songs with "give" and etc. in the title, hence my choice; which I realised, too late, doesn't completely qualify as the "give" part of the title is only in brackets. It took ages to upload from the phone and I look decidedly anaemic. If anyone is interested, I did a far more interesting 20 second video tour of our kitchen when I was trying to work out how to record from the phone. And HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY to all the Aussies out there!

Last edited:
South Australia - a capstan/pumping shanty. Recorded on my phone as requested; single take, warts 'n' all. Video quality - OK, audio quality - dire. I downloaded an app to edit the video though all the editing I did was to cut out the bit at the end where I reached out to turn it off. Not something I would normally do for a seasons video. I've got too used to the decent audio quality my condenser mics give me.

Top Bottom